Conservatives Losing Trust in Science, Study Finds

Discussion in 'Politics' started by futurecurrents, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Sorry, but if you don't believe in speciation you don't believe in evolution and you belong in the stupid/ignorant grouping of conservatives and your opinion on AGW is therefore also not worthy of much consideration.

And the same question (you can read them) was asked of both dems and pubs so regardless of any possible "agenda", the ratios are still valid.

#41     Mar 31, 2012
  2. And who has more power and money to "buy" scientists, the vast green power industry or the weak and ineffective fossil-fuel industry ?

I keep hearing about the supposed political bias of scientists but there is absolutely no proof this is happening. Scientists get into science because they love science, not because they are money-hungry political ideologues. The idea that all the world's climatologists would abdicate their intellectual and moral integrity just to put out bad news about the state of the earth is absurd.

#42     Mar 31, 2012
  3. Dems voting for Obama proves that they are stupid.

#43     Mar 31, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

+ 2

#44     Mar 31, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

An undeniable indisputable inconvenient truth.

#45     Apr 1, 2012
  6. I don't recall the mention of any terms like conservative, liberal, republican, Jesus or god in any of my chemistry, biology or math classes at Tech? Has something changed since I was a young man ?

#46     Apr 1, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yes, unfortunately "science" has become politicized.

Oh...and one more thing has changed since then, Al Gore invented the internet.

#47     Apr 1, 2012
  8. The job of academics now is to raise grant money. Anyone who tells you different is either a liar or clueless. University departments are nothing more than grant-application offices. They have their superstars and rainmakers, just like law firms and investment banks. Believe me, they are not the professors who the students love or who are inspired teachers. They are the ones who bring home the bacon.

Most grant money comes from the federal government. The climate-related grants are coming from organizations that have a clear political agenda. Everyone in academia knows this and they know that they willnever ever get another grant if they whisper even the tiniest doubt about the most speculative scaremongering over AGW.

#48     Apr 1, 2012
  9. That's what I love about this site. You can find an expert in polotical science, science, Florida law, constitutional law, labor law, macro and micro economics, business, battlefield methods, psychology, university grant programs, immigration, foreign policy, religion and history. And it's all from one person, thanks AAA.

#49     Apr 1, 2012
  10. Riiiight, the vast green energy industry just crushes the weak, profitless fossil-fuel interests. Seriously, what do you use for a brain?

#50     Apr 1, 2012