Conservatives: Always on the wrong side of history.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Did that mean they approved of it? Yes, or No?

#51     Aug 17, 2012
  2. Slavery dejure has not been in effect for that long, you are right. But if that were the case.....

WHY DID THEY NEED A CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964?

#52     Aug 17, 2012
  3. You base that assertion on people who have tried to force communism. I personally don't think certain cultures can share communally without becoming violent, so I can see your perspective.

#53     Aug 17, 2012
  4. But the British ended slavery first....why?

#54     Aug 17, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Simple, they didn't need it.

I haven't had a chance to ask them, but presumably if they owned slaves they approved.

#55     Aug 17, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

So...should we segregate then?

#56     Aug 17, 2012
  7. No, let them blow themselves up, as they surely will, one way or the other.:)

#57     Aug 17, 2012

8. Great, then you understand why their foundation was a house built on sand, per their own Christian principles.

God has a very dim view of hypocrites.:)

#58     Aug 17, 2012
  9. Mav88

Mav88

communism requires force, the second someone thinks your sharing scheme isn't fair then you must point a gun at them. more important would be the forced work distribution from a central planner, I can't imagine many societies that could work like that and really be happy about it.

forced sharing is antithetical to freedom and liberty, which was the foundation of the united states. People want freedom, it is fundamental

#59     Aug 17, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

You arrogantly presume too much, I know no such thing.

Tell you that himself did he?

Next time you talk to him can you find out for sure if I'm really going to Hell?

#60     Aug 17, 2012