Conservative party being bred out of America?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Clubber Lang, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Join the club, they've been stealing my money forever and wasting it on stupid wars, oil company subsidies, Haliburton and their ilk. Might be nice to be able to allocate what money goes where, but we live in a democracy, and don't get to do that.

#41     Nov 8, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

I know you're trying to be a wiseass, brother Bill, but I actually agree with you on this point.
    You ever heard me upholding what the government does?
    Ha...Now what you got to say?

#42     Nov 8, 2012
  3. I like you actually agreeing on this, these, points. And, yes, being a bit of a wiseass, but the truth is, we live in America, and take the good with the bad.

At least we don't seem to be looking for ways to hide income, and avoid taxes like some our other buddies on ET. I don't mind paying, and yet would like some more control over where it's being spent.

#43     Nov 8, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Of course it's their version of necessary, just as it's your version of evil. You have got to keep in mind, they disagree with you just as much conviction. I know, I know, you're right and they're wrong. They say the same.

#44     Nov 8, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

So, you agree with theft?
    Yes or no.

#45     Nov 8, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

You call it theft because you think it's evil. I call it necessary, since without it people would "freeride" on, for example, national defense.

#46     Nov 8, 2012
  7. BSAM

BSAM

So, you are okay with theft?

#47     Nov 8, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

No, I'm not. But not all taxes are theft.

#48     Nov 8, 2012
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Thanks for finally answering the question.
    I agree that "not all taxes" are theft.

#49     Nov 8, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

We have achieved nuance, time for a drink! Crap, I'm at the office.

#50     Nov 8, 2012