Conservative is a dirty word

Discussion in 'Politics' started by philbloom, Mar 21, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Goldwater arch-conservative

#21     Mar 22, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Obama increased the debt more than amy other executive in history. If you're going to cite details you should at least get them right.

#22     Mar 22, 2012
  3. Do you mind responding to the few viewpoints I posted? Which ones do you agree, or disagree with. A Goldwater arch-conservative is a pretty broad brush I think.

c

#23     Mar 22, 2012
  4. Obviously, then, you're an IDIOT! You should be STERILIZED to remove your genes from the pool.

#24     Mar 22, 2012
  5. "Talk about them or not", Odumbo is the WORST OFFENDER IN HISTORY!

He should be tried for TREASON!!

#25     Mar 22, 2012
  6. The details will sink them c. Again, they recognize you have a brain and may have actually been to *gasp* college!

You are a brainwashed liberal. Give it up man. To contemplate ideas you must first be able recognize and create them. The group you are talking to have some very basic survival stuff going on.

#26     Mar 22, 2012
  7. Got me curious about Mr. Goldwater, so I did a little research:

Goldwater:

In recent years, Goldwater has been unhappy with some of the directions the party has taken. On abortion, he is pro-choice. He dislikes "political preachers" and once advised, "Every good Christian ought to kick (TV evangelist) Jerry Falwell right in the (backside)."

Snip

Goldwater also was out of tune with the Republican choir when he said that "lifting the ban on gays in the military isn't exactly nothing, but it's pretty damn close. You don't have to be `straight' to fight and die for your country. You just need to shoot straight."
    Snip

When in 1989 the Arizona Republican Party declared that the United States was "a republic based upon the absolute laws of the Bible, not a democracy," Goldwater moaned that "a bunch of kooks" had taken over the party he had helped build.

Snip

Three years later, Goldwater endorsed a female Democratic candidate for Congress from Arizona. Her opponent, a self-styled Goldwater Republican and an Assemblies of God preacher, had arrived in the state two years before the election. Goldwater loved it when the Democrat won.

Snip

On Reagan: "There's a lot of things that happened under Reagan that future years are going to turn up that will not hold him in the great position he now occupies. I think we all know that. Had I been in Reagan's place, this country never would have gone $3 trillion in debt."

After reviewing the guy, seems like he and I have a lot in common. Who would have thought? Nice.

c

#27     Mar 22, 2012
  8. Funny, yep, that's me. Check out the Goldwater arch-conservative quotes above. I know Mr. 377 won't believe me, since for some reason he has to hate me, but I actually agree with much of what Goldwater stood for. I honestly didn't realize how much. That's the trouble with labels, for others or even for yourself. Too bad to 'have' to think one way, as many do. No, not necessarily Mr. 377, but so many here on ET.

c

edit: And then there's Mr. Scat - complete with Odumbo and capital letters. Always nice to hear his well thought out contributions to the discussion. I'm teasing Mr. Scat, you know that, right? You just seem to be so full of anger and hatred, not a good way to live your life. Give us some discussion points, don't be afraid to join in the conversation.

#28     Mar 22, 2012
  9. Gnome, and most others on this particular forum are watching the world as they know it, end.

Hegemony and impunity for the conservative white male is done. Watch some episodes of All in the Family. This is not new, c.

It is why I do empathize, but do not sympathize with them. If death approaches, we in Allied Health do not pretend to know what they are feeling.

These men are dying a philosophical death, and they are going thru the grieving process.

Google that, and then re-read some of these posts.

#29     Mar 22, 2012
  10. No need to google it, but I will anyway. I understand your point about actually feeling some empathy those who are so entrenched psychologically that they become fearful. Of course they will all rebuke all this, but it happens to ideologues on any side of the spectrum.

And, yes, I grew up watching Archie Bunker. A great way to learn about prejudice and bias. In a funny presentation. I remember when Sammy Davis Jr. kissed Archie on the lips, too funny. I think they did a lot of good, and I wish it would hold. We'll see.

I'm sure I won't go through any trauma no matter who wins in November. My dad used to say it's too bad we only have the 'lesser of two evils' to choose from. I don't necessarily feel that way, more that I can handle it, and won't let it ruin my 4 years or whatever.

c

edit: Actually did google the grieving process, hope that everyone makes it through to the last stage. More stages than I remember from school. http://www.hns.org/Portals/1/Stages of Grief.pdf

#30     Mar 22, 2012