Conservative Ideas Can’t Escape Blame for the Financial Crisis

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Covertibility, Feb 18, 2011.

1. kashirin

kashirin

Bullshit is description of yourself

this is about Canadian debt situation

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...ebt-surpasses-six-figure-mark/article1911236/

Canadian CPI 2.3% Canada bank rate 1%

If you have a little brain (which I doubt) you can find other points easily in Google

#21     Feb 18, 2011
  2. #22     Feb 18, 2011
  3. Eight

Eight

Deregulation is just nuts. That stuff is the main reason I'm not a conservative politically, socially I'm pretty conservative. Obama had both houses sewed up and there was nothing much in the way of reregulation!! Obama's cabinet is the most Wall Street-centric one in all of history!

The thingy with the loans to the minorities that could never, possibly pay them back came from the Clinton era and Republicans didn't do much to stop it..

Basically what economic stripminers want is government loan guarantees with no regulation. In the S&L crisis of the '80's Reagan and Company removed the regulations and left the guarantees in place, in the current crisis lenders could turn loans into derivatives, get them off their books and lend more, thus increasing their leverage astronomically, then go bk or get bailed out by the Public Sector, same shit different decade really, no regulation and guaranteed loans...

#23     Feb 18, 2011
  4. Good points.

If deregulation is nuts what's the opposite, printing money?

Nothing concrete yet in new regs, so now we have QE. Back when we had regs and everyone worked around them we had leverage.

Goiing back to Greenspan, basically our economy needed more money back then and the only avenue was leverage, today no leverage and we have Bernanke's policies.

don't know what the answer is, I guess we are broke.

#24     Feb 18, 2011