Conservative = flip-flopping hypocrite

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, May 9, 2004.

1. ratboy, just tell him to make like a tree and get outta here!

:D

#21     May 10, 2004
  2. I bet if Ronnie were suffering from Glaucoma/AIDS/Cancer, Mrs. Reagan would coincidently change her tune on medical marijuana.

These people need to be taught to live & let live for a change.

#22     May 10, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Hey, that was actually funny. I'm glad some people around here have a sense of humor. :D

#23     May 10, 2004
    #24     May 10, 2004
  5. Very well put.

My point exactly, and more succinctly.

#25     May 10, 2004
  6. Bung, to your credit I have also formed the opinion that you're much closer to my Objectivist/Libertarian/Capitalistic beliefs than you are to ART and his ilk.

Do you have a favorable opinion of Ayn Rand? If so, even Mav may have a hard time calling you a 'Liberal'.

#26     May 10, 2004
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually everyone says they are fiscally conservative and socially liberal. Hell, even Al gore and Howard Dean described themselves as such. LOL. The problem Bungrider, is that many of your issues contradict one another. In other words, to have fiscal conservatism, true fiscal conservatism, it's very hard to be socially liberal by definition.

To your credit, I am happy to see that you support school vouchers. :D

#27     May 10, 2004
  8. don't confuse "conservative" with "capitalist"

empirically, there is little correlation between the two.

wasn't it you who called soros a "limousine liberal"?

back to what I hate the most -- i am smart enough that i do not have to lie, cheat, and steal to make a living. the bush family has made alot of money by screwing taxpayers. i go out into the market and i take your money because i am counterparty to your transactions. nothing more, nothing less. like any capitalist, i believe in providing capital when it is in my best interests. i also (selfishly) believe that i will be happier if i try to live my life as best i can in accordance with what i consider good values. and that is why i sure as shit am not voting republican in november.

am i gonna help pay bush's salary so he can

1) limit my civil liberties

2) waste my tax $$$ by creating bigger messes where smaller ones previously existed??

#28     May 10, 2004
  9. #29     May 10, 2004
  10. i got centrist between libertarian and liberal.

Libertarian 34.72 %
    Left-liberal 19.04 %
    Centrist 30.16 %
    Right-Conservative 7.29 %
    Authoritarian 8.79 %

imagine that :D

#30     May 11, 2004