Conservative = flip-flopping hypocrite

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, May 9, 2004.

1. We've seen it before with pill-popper Limbaugh and about a gazillion other worthless conservatives, but this is it -- I am sick and tired of conservatives sticking their white noses into anything and everything only to FLIP FLOP the minute they want something.

Good 'ol one-boob is now pro-stem cell research because her retard husband's rotting carcass could've been saved if it had been for more stem cell research.

Nancy Reagan endorses human embryo research

BEVERLY HILLS, California (AP) -- Former first lady Nancy Reagan endorsed human embryonic research Saturday night at a star-studded fund-raiser.

Such research is generally opposed by political conservatives and many anti-abortion groups because it involves the destruction of days-old human embryos. President Bush signed an executive order in 2001 limiting research to existing embryonic stem cell lines.

However, Reagan and others believe the use of stem cells taken from embryos could lead to cures for such illnesses as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease, which afflicts Reagan's husband, former President Ronald Reagan.

"Ronnie's long journey has finally taken him to a distant place where I can no longer reach him," she said. "Because of this I'm determined to do whatever I can to save other families from this pain. I just don't see how we can turn our backs on this."

The Republican former first lady became one of the first conservative public figures to support human embryo research when she first spoke in favor of it more than three years ago.

Reagan was introduced by actor Michael J. Fox, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, and was widely applauded by the Hollywood crowd.

"I think it's really unique, remarkable and singular to step forward and support this as she does," said singer James Taylor, who performed Saturday night at the benefit for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

Taylor even pecked Reagan on the cheek at the end of the fund-raiser, which was expected to raise $2 million.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/05/09/reagan.stem.ap/index.html

2. I was really amused by that no good bitch. Good post.

3. i am pro-stem as any thinking creature would be..

your not gonna hold scientific progress back bunghole so get over it

besides just think someday you may those new brain cells you so badly need
    :-/

4. longdork...you misinterpreted bung's point.

5. Yea and he just called me a moron on another thread.

6. Well fuck bungrider, they come close, but every conservative can't be right all the time! :D

But seriously, aren't people allowed to change their minds? Would you prefer she (and other such conservatives) remained a road block on the highway of progress just for the sake of a foolish consistency?

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wow, we really do have some morons on ET. First of all, most conservatives are not against stem cell research. Get your facts straight. Second, those that are, are not against stem cell research per say, but rather against the slippery slope of changing legislation one small piece at a time to accomplish their ultimate political agenda. Most people on the right are afraid that stem cell research will set a precedent that it's OK to kill babies, well you know, in the name of research. Hitler used this same strategy. He killed a lot of children and babies and hell even adults, all in the name of scientific research. We need to be careful where we go with this. But it does not, I repeat does not, make Nancy Reagan or any other conservative a hypocrite.

Here is what a hypocrite is. Owning three SUV's, a gas guzzling private jet, and an 800k gass guzzling yacht and yet you preach about the environment. LOL.

Or you espouse the values of public schools, yet you and all your children go to private schools. LMAO!

You call all these companies that send labor overseas benedict arnolds, yet your wife's fortune is derived from a company that does exactly that. Hahahahahahahaha.

You say you represent the working man and the blue collar worker yet you and your wife's net worth is over 500 million and you own over 5 mansions. LOL. Yup, that's the working man alright.

You say you want to be the 2nd black president, yet there isn't a colored bone in your body or in any high level position on your staff. LOL.

You say you want to raise taxes on the rich, yet you have spent your entire life dodging taxes yourselves through various trusts and offshore beneficiaries. LMAO!!!!!!!

Of course I am talking about the biggest hypocrite of all time John Kerry!!!!!!

What a joke. Seriously guys, there are hypocrites on the right believe me, but Nancy Reagan ain't one of them. Do some research, you could do far better then her.

8. yeah...nancy is too busy trying to figure out if the moon is in the seventh house!!!!!!!!! LOL LOL LOL btw, i couldn't care less about kerry or his wife but c'mon...nancy is a fossil. just say no....what an ignorant lady.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ratboy, look, you are like the tea calling the kettle black. Knocking Nancy for her just say no campaign is really shooting yourself in the foot. There are just as many democrats, if not more, that supported the just say no campaign that are even bigger hypocrites. Get with the program bro. And Nancy has more integrity in that old frail body of hers then you will ever have.

10. Definitely. I'm just noticing a big pattern of hyprocrisy on the right whenever the controversial issues -- drug sentences, stem cells, abortion -- hit close to home. As neither a democrat or republican, I find the right to be more guilty of "do as I say, not as I do" than the left.

How's about Jeb Bush's crack whore daughter? Dya think SHE'S gonna do time? NO! But this guy will lock up poor people with a dime bag for 10 years.

Or like Bob Dole's whole "I've released my medical records, Mr President, let's see yours" platform in the 1996 presidential election. Did reagan release HIS medical records when he was basically a vegetable while he was still president? Or was the whole "I can't remember if we sold weapons illegally to terrorists" just a LIE to avoid prosecution?

I'm SICK and TIRED of the right's incessant bible-thumping, racist, bullshit propaganda. This country has a festering disease, and it's called the GOP.

uhh???

#10     May 10, 2004