Conservative core values

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ricter, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Ricter

Ricter

The focus on property rights first, that is a very Randian approach, is it not?

Love that bumper sticker, about an armed society. : )

They have no power over me, they'd probably love to work for me.

You think liberals are that way?? Just asking my simple brand of dialectical question, exact thing I do here, got me banned from conservativesforum.com in just 7 posts!

#11     Feb 20, 2010
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

I apologize. I thought you were soliciting contributions from anyone. And I was serious. If those aren't core conservative values, why were/are they so enthusiastically supported? :confused:

#12     Feb 20, 2010
  3. No ... not at all ... it allows for self corrective government where there is individual representation.

It is design ... republic doesn't equal republican and democracy doesn't equal democrat.
    The government types are delineated so as to eliminate confusion and
    provide some roots to government types and platforms.

This is why there can and should be a successful independent party.
    The Dems and Repubs have left any sense of legitimate platform long ago ...
    they now are both corrupt.

We are a very long way from the founders draft today.

#13     Feb 20, 2010
  4. A conservative core value for your consideration: where there may be a divergence, religion usually trumps humanism. Accordingly, faith usually trumps reason at points of divergence. This observation may not apply to all self-styled conservatives, but it serves as a useful generalization.

#14     Feb 20, 2010
  5. Yes, thank you for correcting me, it was obviously the Declaration of Independence that I had in my mind.

#15     Feb 21, 2010
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

Well? What happened? :p

#16     Feb 25, 2010
  7. Ricter

Ricter

The night fizzled, no discussion.

But I would like to hear from anyone here why they believe there isn't even a little irony to the fact that a republic, supposedly superior to a pure democracy (with which I agree) still requires the action of democracy to create the laws in the first place. I'm not implying that there might be a better way...

#17     Feb 25, 2010