Conservative Columnist George Will On McBush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ak15

ak15

Aloha!

#21     Sep 23, 2008
  2. The problem with the last administration was compromise with CONGRESS.....

GWB's current administration? Isn't he supposed to compromise with Congress especially when for most of his term his party was the majority?

What in your opinion was the worst mistake of the previous administration? Care to talk facts?

Hmm. Fanning the flames and taking advantage of the sense of paranoia after 9/11 and being goaded by Al-Qaeda into attacking Iraq despite the absence of evidence for WMD resulting in a costly occupation in terms of wealth, prestige, and lives.

Second question...did you vote fro GW or not? Odviously if you did not, it would be easy to place all the blame on him....wouldn't it without substance wouldn't it? After all you do have an agenda....right?

I want the United States to be the best country it can be. Is that an agenda?

That is my grip with all the chatter of this election...so few PEOPLE actually are talking about the issues and what it would really take to resolve them...notice I did not say politicians...but WE THE PEOPLE need to actually know what we stand for before we vote!

The issues and stance of the candidates are actually pretty clear. Pretty much the same as in the last election. The difference is that the Republicans have had the opportunity to show their stuff in the presidency. Simply put you can now choose a continuation of that---or change.

Americans are fast becoming a nation of puppets for their parties....

True. But I am open to voting Republican all other things being equal. I have no problems with crediting Reagan or George Bush Sr. for their accomplishments. George W. Bush Jr., however, is a different story. Now how many Republicans here are willing to say Clinton was a good president? Or Carter? Or LBJ? Or Kennedy? Or FDR for crying out loud?

#22     Sep 23, 2008
  3. Cutten

Cutten

What is George Will (revealed to be stupid as hell in Taleb's "Fooled by Randomness") smoking? Firing Cox is the *first* coherent policy recommendation McCain has made all year.

#23     Sep 23, 2008
  4. Cutten

Cutten

Consistently ignorant. Believes in the principle of authoritatively declaiming on subjects about which he knows little or nothing.

#24     Sep 23, 2008
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Which conservatives are thinking "Cox has done a great job. Of the 3 main financial market regulators, he has been most impressive and dynamic. It would be an outrage to let him go"?

#25     Sep 23, 2008
  6. Cutten

Cutten

Because something different might be worse?

You should vote for the candidate you think would be better. Not for the one you think would be "different", whatever the fuck that means.

#26     Sep 23, 2008
  7. John McSame or change...

Gladly change the devil I do know for one that I don't know...

#27     Sep 23, 2008