Conservative Columnist George Will On McBush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Sep 23, 2008.

1. As is often the case with you, you are assuming facts not in evidence.

#11     Sep 23, 2008
  2. I'm a trader. When the "facts" are in-the move is already over.

#12     Sep 23, 2008
  3. Oh, sure, just like you S&P call in which your promised to leave ET forever if wrong...

Your word is meaningless.

#13     Sep 23, 2008
  4. The problem with Obama is not just what he doesn't know. Most of what he thinks he does know is wrong.

At the end of the day, I have to believe McCain will have mature advisors who will temper his occasional lapses in judgment. He will also have Palin looking over his shoulder, with both of them knowing that she is the reason he was elected.

#14     Sep 23, 2008
  5. You've got to be kidding. Palin looking over his shoulder?

#15     Sep 23, 2008
  6. ak15

ak15

"No Way". Unless McCain goes on an acid trip by ingesting a few millionths of a gram. Let's hope for the Senator's sake that he doesn't have a bad trip which then would unfortunately have petered out to become an exercise in futility and defeated it's purpose.

#16     Sep 23, 2008
  7. So you admit that as you see it, in the most likely scenario it really will be just a repeat of Bush-Cheney and advisors running the show? But instead of Bush we have McCain as the front man and instead of Cheney we have Palin as the power behind the throne? Is that supposed to be an improvement? Didn't that turn out bad enough the first time around?

#17     Sep 23, 2008
  8. I had asked earlier...please present some facts of the unbias columnist George Will?

Any article actually calling Senator Obama on any of the issues the has been challenged on?

I found the BILL Senator McCain actually DID attempt to deal with the financial end...SUBSTANCE...Gov. Palin has made executive decisions and managed a state budget...SUBSTANCE...but all I hear from the Obama camp is' that's not true' but no presentation of any facts...

Just like the declaration by 'fact finder' that the information on the sex education bill was false...and yet...the acutal curriculum was not used to refute the claim...yet that was what was used to MAKE the claim....they take a bill full of vague concepts and say that the accusation is not true...

This man has been 'groomed' and an 'image' presented for people who are not looking for substance...and sadly much of America has proven them right...many are NOT looking for substance..just an illusion of a great nation under a slogan ..'change'...but no substance on how that will happen...this man is a puppet...

Senator McCain was not my first choice...but he is definitely the lesser of two evils...while Obama would be joining the ACLU to defend the terriorist I believe I can trust Mr. Mccain to be defending my nation from them...

#18     Sep 23, 2008
  9. Evidently George Will, along with you guys, are unfamiliar with history.

Any number of Presidents have had tempers. Harry Truman for example was known to be unable to contain his temper at all. For example, when a music critic gave his daughter a bad review, Truman said: "Some day I hope to meet you," Truman warned Hume, who had dared to give daughter Margaret Truman's recital a bad review. "When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for bad eyes, and perhaps a supporter below!" Truman was denounced as "uncouth, common, and mentally unstable".

LBJ is another one widely known for his temper. He 'found release in repeated, disgusting humiliations of his wife, and closest aides".

It goes on....Nixon, Washington, Adams, etc etc etc.

So the question is, you guys prefer a candy ass, or you prefer someone with a personality, someone who just might get something done because he's not running a personality contest? Maybe the problem with our Presidents has to do with their campaigns shaping them....as in Barrack Obama.

By the way, his statement about Cox is well-deserved.

OldTrader

#19     Sep 23, 2008
  10. The problem with the last administration was compromise with CONGRESS.....

What in your opinion was the worst mistake of the previous administration? Care to talk facts?

Second question...did you vote fro GW or not? Odviously if you did not, it would be easy to place all the blame on him....wouldn't it without substance wouldn't it? After all you do have an agenda....right?

Has everyone forgotten that with the great divide of Congress it is nothing more than a control for personal gain....we really do need bipartisan leadership but to get that probably 85% of Congress persons need to be eliminated...oh wait...that would mean American's have to actually wake up and think again!

That is my grip with all the chatter of this election...so few PEOPLE actually are talking about the issues and what it would really take to resolve them...notice I did not say politicians...but WE THE PEOPLE need to actually know what we stand for before we vote!

Americans are fast becoming a nation of puppets for their parties....

#20     Sep 23, 2008