Conservative Campaign Promises - How can you NOT vote for this guy?!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kassz007, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Hello

Hello

If deficits are your problem, surely you must hate Obama....

#31     Apr 8, 2011
  2. I agree that a certain amount of regulation is necessary. But too much can uneccesarily stifle efficiency.

Again, relating back to corporate tax rates and their effect on the economy, do you not think that the Canadian government has adequate resources to provide adequate regulation? Can they not afford to reduce some of the tax burden on companies to pay for this regulation? Or are they extorting for other purposes?

#32     Apr 8, 2011
  3. Canadians care. Please stop trolling. We are trying to keep this thread as civil as possible. There are plenty of other threads that welcome trolls.

#33     Apr 8, 2011
  4. Hello

Hello

The government is clearly spending all of their money in the most efficient way possible, otherwise how would they afford the healthcare system whereby people take a year to get an MRI? :confused:

#34     Apr 8, 2011
  5. Because he inherited an exploding bag of shit, the likes of which had not been seen in generations? Because he tries his level best to right an enormously difficult and complex situation despite the fact that the very people who perpetrated it are impeding him at every turn? The situation that the Right had ignored at first, when they were in power, and are now regarding it in the most simplistic and naive of terms? No, I have a lot of respect for Obama.

#35     Apr 8, 2011
  6. Umm no. The current level debt is due to the stimulus spending. The stimulus spending that the Liberals and NDP insisted the Conservatives spend.

What do you make of the fact that the deficit is projected to be eliminated in a couple of years? And that's factoring in the corporate tax cuts.

#36     Apr 8, 2011
  7. Hello

Hello

LOL, so i guess the Obama solution to an "Exploding Bag of shit" Is to throw twice as much feces at it..... :D

Obama wasnt responsible for the U.S. deficit, but Harper is responsible for the Canadian Deficit, sound reasonable in the land of left wing lollypops.

Why dont you do some math and show me all the places where Harper has spent more money in order to increase the deficit?

#37     Apr 8, 2011
  8. You agree that government has to do the job the private sector won't do, i.e. protect the well being of the workers .

No, I don't think the government has adequate resources to protect the workers for the corporations.

#38     Apr 8, 2011
  9. So you would like to see the government extort more money from citizens? Because that's what it is. Government to citizens:

"Pay up more of your hard earned cash, or else we'll allow the big bad corporations to get you!"

#39     Apr 8, 2011
  10. W didn't just leave the WH with the largest deficit and national debt up until that point, he also left Obama with an imploding economy. Major financial institutions as well as automakers were on the brink. The list goes on. Maybe you're the kind of guy who likes to watch car crashes, but Obama did what most experts believed was required in order to avert a catastrophe. Meanwhile, the Right wants it both ways.

Obama inherited a deficit. Harper inherited a surplus budget, whereupon he almost immediately started fiddling with taxes even though there was no indication yet of economic weakening at that time. There was still the matter of the national debt, mind you.

#40     Apr 8, 2011