Conservative Campaign Promises - How can you NOT vote for this guy?!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kassz007, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Nonsense. I was in corporate banking for years. If a few percentage points one way or the other is going to make a difference between getting and not getting a loan, then it is probably not a good loan to make in the first place -- for both lender AND borrower.
    The government provides what the private sector cannot profitably or consistently provide. It comes down to core human values rather than dollars and cents.

#11     Apr 8, 2011
  2. You are again showing your complete ignorance of Canadian politics. The Conservatives are NOT Republicans! The fact that both parties are right of center does NOT make them equals. Please educate yourself. Furthermore, for what reason should I place any credibility on something Alan Greenspan said once upon a time?

Your idea of the efficient allocation of resources is not actually the EFFICIENT allocation of resources, but simply an allocation of resources. Why do you wish to take hard earned money away from a productive business, to give to politicians to effectively buy votes by distributing this money to undeserving citizens as they see fit?

#12     Apr 8, 2011
  3. They both believe that tax cuts pay for themselves when empirical evidence shows that they do not. In that regard, they are both Right Wing ideologues. True, the Canadian contingent is not quite as two-dimensional a caricature of an Ayn Rand novel as is the American counterpart, but they swing from the same side.

That you do not see the relevance of Right Winger Greenspan's pointed remark tells me that you have already stopped thinking. And so, I will stop wasting my time.

#13     Apr 8, 2011
  4. I agree that a certain amount of taxation is necessary for a country. I also do not think that corporate taxation is too high in Canada. But I disagree with the notion that lowering taxes won't help the economy. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this point.

My second question was genuine, I don't see why you would not answer it. Or is it that you CAN'T answer it? For what it's worth, I don't necessarily think that the private sector is always the most efficient allocator of resources in all circumstances. But you are the one who stated definitively that sometimes government is more efficient in certain areas. I was simply asking which areas you personally think the government can do a better job?

#14     Apr 8, 2011
  5. I'll ask you the same question then:

What products or services do you think the government needs to provide that the private sector cannot? This is not a loaded question, I am genuinly interested in what you think.

By the way, have you ever read the book "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand?

#15     Apr 8, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Well, you're right, there are certainly times and places where lowering taxes would help the economy. This aint one of 'em. ; )

#16     Apr 8, 2011
  7. That and The Fountainhead. Cover to cover. Tripe.

#17     Apr 8, 2011
  8. Translation: I am taking my ball and going home.

If you wish to stick to your ideology without debating the issue, that's fine. These are tough questions for Liberals to answer. Perhaps you just need more time to formulate a response?

#18     Apr 8, 2011
  9. And why not?

By the way, I'll interpret your evasion of my question of what products and/or services the government can provide more efficiently than the private sector as an admission of your ignorance of the answer.

#19     Apr 8, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

just would like to point out the lack of americans posting on this thread and taking a side, because it is not relevant to the country we live in.

see how it's done, gabby :p

#20     Apr 8, 2011