Consensus about AMC breaking 14?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by VicBee, May 17, 2021.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

It went vertical ($23.5), I expect it to collapse in the next 2 days. Probably back to 18.

#21     May 27, 2021
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

#22     May 27, 2021
  3. VicBee

VicBee

What a shame... followed my plan, sold at 18.5, took my loss and... missed out on the momentum :banghead:

It's not the first time that I sell too early and leave significant amounts of cash on the table. There's a lesson there that I need to think about.

#23     May 27, 2021
  4. Vtechno

Vtechno

Something I learned trading forex years ago that always resonates with me when I take profit too soon is that - we are small fry trying to catch part of the wave and only catch a portion of the move. Sometimes we can pick tops and bottoms and it feels good mentally, but it's impossible to catch every single one of them. So be grateful that your idea worked and you made some money.

If this makes you feel any better(May 10 AMC)
    upload_2021-5-27_20-3-59.png

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    #24     May 27, 2021
    vanzandt and VicBee like this.
  5. VicBee

VicBee

Fk me...$31 :vomit: sick to my stomach. Unbelievable. Please tell me this was unforeseeable... the most money I've left on the table since I started trading 2 years ago. And I've left some big amounts on the table before! :rolleyes:

#25     May 28, 2021
  6. jazlives

jazlives

VicBee, you spoke too early..
    Double that price ...
    same here :banghead:

#26     Jun 2, 2021
  7. How is everyone trading the action tomorrow? I sold short dated calls this afternoon and would not be surprised if this ripped higher tomorrow morning and then lost strength later in the day.

#27     Jun 2, 2021
  8. Overnight

Overnight

It's not the right way to say it I think.

You didn't leave money on the table...Your took your money OFF the table right before you were dealt the royal flush.

As for it being unforeseeable? I suppose one would have to be a huge reddit scanner to see if this was another coordinated effort.

#28     Jun 2, 2021
    VicBee likes this.
  9. VicBee

VicBee

Well, I decided to challenge myself and day trade AMC to recoup my losses, crumb by crumb if I have to. So far, $2k up, $21k to go! It's a bit exhausting so I stop after an hour or so. Will let you know if and when I've recouped.

In the meantime, CLOV climbed up 32%... ffs! I held on to this thing for 2 months waiting for this and sold too early when it hit $10, again. :banghead:

#29     Jun 8, 2021
    Cuddles likes this.
  10. VicBee

VicBee

Holy mackerel ! I'm sure we have a few hangover today foe those betting on CLOV (can't call it anything else) from up 20% to down 23% in one session! :wtf:

I managed to make a few $ on the way up, then got sidetracked by SOFI (thankfully) and didn't check back until CLOV was deep in the red... saved my butt on that one.

#30     Jun 10, 2021