Connors 15 minute ADX Breakout?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ewile, May 22, 2002.

1. ewile

ewile

IF anyone out there has the Connors on Advanced Trading Strategies book could you post what the 15 minute ADX Breakout method is all about.
    I'm intrigued but don't have $120 for the book.

Thanks,
    Ed

2. yeah just post all the strategies Vix reversal and other LBR tactics

ThANKS SO MUCH

3. The VIX strategies are all explained very well on the TradingMarkets site. You can take the free trial and access them. Personally, I think they add considerable value if you understand how to use them.

4. Kymar

Kymar

The ADX breakout strategy uses high ADX readings as a screening tool - for strength of trend - to identify tradables. I won't go into the details, but the particular strategy is pretty simple. Wouldn't trade it myself (though not because it's too simple).

For a while, you could use the TradingMarkets.com site to screen stocks by ADX, for free. Now it's a subscription service I believe.

On the other hand, and though I'm quite aware that Connors has his detractors, and that some traders seem to find $120.00 to be a lot of money, I think that Advanced Trading Strategies is interesting. Whether or not you choose to trade any of the set-ups, the book at least introduces some thoughtful propositions about how the market works.

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I did not make my McDonnald's money today and can not afford my happy meal for tomorrow. Can someone spare $5?