connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hn9956, Sep 22, 2002.

1. hn9956

hn9956

well if computer processor is not as important as connection if you go remote with a firm like echo or bright do they offer some sort of dedicated virtual private network wan or citrix hookup so your connection is cleaner and more stable or is this cost intensive,or do they just offer internet hookup

:confused:

2. hn9956

hn9956

anyone know help would be appreciated

3. Quah

Quah

A VPN has nothing to do with making a connection cleaner or more stable - VPN's are for security.

4. lescor

lescor

I trade remote with Echo and connect with a regular internet setup through a cable modem.

5. hn9956

hn9956

most have said that but on there web site they refer to wans and specifically to citrix to obtain the fastest connection ,what is that and do they offer it

6. hn9956

hn9956

I also was talking to another broker who referred to inap which he raved about as being better than vpn or other tecnology, but he didnt explain that very well but he said it was free?:confused:

7. lescor

lescor

If you subscribe to FirstAlert from them, it is delivered over a Citrix connection. I don't know the details of the in-office connections, but I'm pretty sure all remote guys connect through the internet. I know one who has a T1 into his house, but it's still internet.