connection to Oanda fxtrade - anyone has got a problem today?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by forestgril, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSTFX : Refer to my post above. That will explain the difference in graphs. If a price is not propagated in real-time, it does not appear on the graph until you reconnect. (or change to a new time-frame that you have not been using in the current session)

#31     May 7, 2008
  2. cstfx

cstfx

I took my post down (update: apparently I didn't - weird) because I redid the graph with a OHLC bar chart and his price was not hit at that time even tho it shows that the price was in the range of the min/max.

If the OHLC represents executed prices on the system, why then did the price at 14:29-14:30 not hit his referenced executed price?

(don't feel like going thru the trouble of creating the graph - if you have Oanda you check it out)

To the OP, just to clarify, but you are GMT +2 right?

#32     May 7, 2008
  3. My graph is also from real account.
    I have the price below the stop also on other timeframes.

Metatrader shows maximum of 5436 at that time (12:29). If You add 5 pips, which is half of the spread a, it will be 5441, while I was stopped at 54398, so it seems self-consistent.
    So it is bad luck or stupidity of mine to forget about the info again!

Where do You look for info? Bloomberg? Some other places?

#33     May 7, 2008
  4. You cannot use OHLC bars. OHLC charts @ Oanda plot the open average, high average...etc. Depending on the spread, the High Ask and Low Bid --as plotted by Min/Max charts -- can vary quite a bit from the high/low average.

#34     May 7, 2008
  5. Hmmm....looks like price hit your stop.

#35     May 7, 2008
  6. Ok, this thread will be closed. Continue your Oanda bashing on the other one if you like.

#36     May 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.