connection to Oanda fxtrade - anyone has got a problem today?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by forestgril, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't use Oanda charts but it does seem strange that there are two different lows on two different time frames. So in the 'WTF' screenshot did your stop get hit, it doesn't look like price touched it. And looking at MT4 charts the low, like you say, was earlier.

Have you asked Oanda about it?

Out of interest why didn't you have a stop below the previous low of 160.58, it would seem a better place, no?

#11     May 1, 2008
  2. I did not ask about it. But I should because it is second time I see such a thing. Of course big capital is stop hunting (I mean bank traders hunting smaller institutional and bank traders) but then everyone knows the price and can play a little "poker" game with them. After some time You can learn the rules and when a stop is hit, you can enter again.

But here the real market price was different from shown so it was simply cheating - they broke the rules!

Concerning putting the stop lower: yes I should do it, but I was pretty sure, that it won't go lower anymore! How f***ing angry would I have been if I put a sell stop there! That what many Oanda clients must have done....

So - Your analysis may be good, but a bucketshop is a bucketshop and YOU MUST WATCH OUT TO LEARN THEIR GAMES.

----------------

I have advice for You about putting stops below or over important tops or bottoms - if You are really sure of a bottom or top, it is always good to add 3.5 pip to Your stop (also do not forget about the spread! - info for newbies). That is my experience. 3.5 pip is not a lot if You loose it but it lowers the probability of being hit significantly. If the limit of 3.5 is exceeded, the move will almost alway be much further. That is my experience. Check it out.

#12     May 2, 2008
  3. Well then ask, raise a ticket and find out what happened, maybe it's their mistake and they will reinstate the trade.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice about stops, you wouldn't have been stopped out if you had!

forestgril I hate to say this but from what you've posted so far there isn't one thing about your trading which is good!

:)

#13     May 2, 2008
  4. You are right.

But near that time was some info (16:00 CET) and everything was happening very fast. I was lucky to reenter at a better price. Anyhow that is not a point. My method concerning stops was not meant to protect me against my broker! (now I see that I should see it also that way!) It is in case I am a little mistaken in my method and a little exceeding of a high/low may occur. That was not a case, as all info sources show, that the low was 20 minutes earlier!

But indeed, this advice would have and will protect me against oanda dirty games.

#14     May 2, 2008
  5. Right, so you were better off that you were stopped out, that will add weight to your complaint to Oanda as it's not a matter of money.

Let us know their explanation, it might be something really obvious that we're missing.

#15     May 2, 2008
  6. Well they weren't unfair today that's for sure, the platform was solid as a rock right through NFP and they filled everything instantly, 59 pips in 17 minutes scalping, 5 of those trades were filled within 30 seconds.

[​IMG]

#16     May 2, 2008

7. What do You mean??? If I was stopped out and entered previously at a bad price, then I have already lost something. I would have to reenter at the price of my stop (minus the spread) not to lose on that stop!

Anyhow - it is not a question of money now. My Capital was so small (13.5 Euro) that these 20 cents, or so, I have lost have no meaning.

But if I played with 5000E f.e. I would be rather mad.

#17     May 3, 2008
  8. Could You, please, tell me, what do You mean by this?

#18     May 3, 2008
  9. I'm not quite sure how you managed it because the low was 160.60, but you said "I was lucky to reenter at a better price", so in theory you were better off by being stopped out.

#19     May 3, 2008
  10. I do not see Your point. Beeing stopped out at the very low is never profitable! And that's what happened. If they stopped me much higher than the low - then it may have been better for me. What is really unfair, what I am trying to tell, is what You already know - they were stopping people BELOW THE REAL LOW!!!

Just look at the screens again. The blue triangles are the entering prices and the purple circles are the stop losses. The first triangle was much higher than the low and the buy was stopped out lower then the price really went to. So that must be a scam.

#20     May 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.