Connecting Custom app to Sierra or Rithmic Order Routing

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by RainierGrant7777, Jul 10, 2021.

1. I'm new to the commodity world. I've been familiar with crypto exchanges and the many open source api, however the api requirements for commodities are quite a bit harder to parse out.

I've read up on Sierra Charts, how their team feels about external apis, their own support for rithmic, their preference for DTC and google protocol buffers. Rithmic, I don't know much about, other than it is C++ or .net, cost about 100 a month at least.

I need to connect my own app to the most agnostic platform/order routing out there for commodities. Rebuilding my signals/risk engine inside rithmic or sierra is not an option. Plus, for good reason I've recently learned about Zorro trader, which is incredible.

Now Zorro trader has a DTC plugin on github for Sierra, and I briefly spoke to that dev regarding it. But I can't rebuild my signals inside Zorro, and Zorro can't backtest external signals from tradingview. I would have actually greatly preferred to build a risk engine and backtesting system in Zorro, but it's going to be quite some time before my signals are rebuilt outside Tradingview. (It's a math/quant/pinescript issue)

Is Tradingview -->(app/database/server) ---> Zorro ----> Sierra, possible? No idea

I'm even willing to just push JSON payloads into Zorro, from my app, as active trade execution and some additional logic. But I have no idea if Zorro supports that. Theoretically saves me time.

Should I try to connect my app to Rithmic or is DTC for Sierra Charts better?