Congressman Issa: "Carney Is A Paid Liar"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Piezoe seems oddly mesmerized by the faux nonpartisanship of ProPublica. He seems oblivious to the fact that all their articles are slanted to support the administration's obviously bogus version of events and to slander groups whose only crime was to oppose Obama's massive giveaway schemes.

If the IRS investigation was so innocent, why did they repeatedly lie to congress about it? Why did Lois Lerner feel the need to take the Fifth? Why did the IRS Commissioner make over 100 trips to the White House? Why did Obama meet with the (leftwing) head of the Treasury Employees Union one day before the attacks on the Tea Party groups began? Coincidence?

Why were the only groups targeted those supporting Tea Party or limited government objectives? Just another coincidence? How is it that groupsof Americans are subjected to years long harrassment but Oba ma's dirtbag Kenyan brother gets his tax exemption by special delivery and backdated 3 years in violation of law?

Why did small businessmen suddenly start getting audited after they formed Tea Party or constitutionalist groups? More coincidences?

Even accepting the ridiculous White house lies about this, it should be obvious that it is intolerable in a free society to have large government unions, who contribute heavily to one party, effectively in charge of their opponents' tax returns and tax exemptions. I realize that is the Chicago way, but is that what we are going to accept for the rest of the country? If it is, we might as well toss in the white towel and fill out our applications for Swiss residency.

#21     Jun 3, 2013
  2. pspr

pspr

Peizeo is just Ricter's twin brother with run on mouth disease.

#22     Jun 3, 2013
  3. piezoe

piezoe

Did you notice how when Rove asks the question, what groups beside conservative groups have been investigated by the IRS?, (or words to that effect) he does not pause for an answer, nor give any one a chance to answer. He launches immediately into a diatribe. If anyone attempts to answer his question, he immediately cuts them off. Rove is going to be very aggressive here because he is very likely one of the ones who signed IRS applications that contained falsified information.

Crossroads GPS comes up, and Rove tells a bold faced lie. He says they followed the rules very carefully. That implies to everyone that they did not lie about the relative levels of political and "social welfare" activity on their application, as lying is against the rules. However we now know from the Crossroads GPS application released by the IRS, that they grossly misrepresented the relative extent of political and social welfare activities. When Huffington says Crossroads is all about politics, Rove immediately cuts in with "No, No, No!. " I think we all know who is speaking the truth here, even pspr!

Rove is a bold faced liar.

#23     Jun 3, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

That's because he and everyone but you know that the answer is NONE.

Why are you being such a moron about the IRS targeting political groups? You're just coming across as a total ass.

#24     Jun 3, 2013
  5. Ari Fleischer

#25     Jun 3, 2013
  6. piezoe

piezoe

Sadly none of us know the answer, yourself included. And we don't yet know what criteria was used to decide which applications to examine in more detail for the period in question. Except for a few of those applications, they haven't been released by the IRS to the media. So we don't know anything about the mix of organizations for the time period in question, other than to guess it was similar to the mix in prior periods, i.e., heavily slanted in numbers toward conservative organizations.

Remember Karl Rove is the guy who was reported to have said he had no need to study reality because he could create it!

#26     Jun 3, 2013
  7. Every time I see Rove talking I get the picture in my head of Colbert talking to the canned ham with glasses on to represent Rove.

#27     Jun 3, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

I think it is pretty obvious that the targeting happened to conservatives. There has been NO evidence coming forth that liberal groups were targeted. You are just a bit naïve, peizeo, because you think, live and breath the liberal lies.

If you are going to quote somebody how about providing a link with some proof. I don't recall any Rove comment like you are reporting. Post a link because we have already learned that you have a propensity to make shit up.

#28     Jun 3, 2013
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Well, "mesmerized" is not a word I would choose. I am a believer in hard facts. And until proven otherwise, the actual data Propublica has published, taken directly from 501c(4) applications furnished by the IRS, is convincing that many of these organizations, virtually all the ones for which detailed data is available and that are obvious political organizations, grossly overestimated the extent of their "Social Welfare" activities, and grossly underestimated the extent of their "political activities. A reasonable person would assume that they knew at the time they signed their applications that these were gross misrepresentations they were submitting to the IRS!.

There is no administration version of the events, as you claim. I'm sure you know that they say they were not involved in any way.

And frankly what does any of this have to do with "Obama's massive giveaway schemes"? Possibly you have confused the IRS investigation with federal social welfare programs such as SNAP. The next thing we hear from you, you'll be claiming Obama's men are covering up White House directives to the IRS to go after conservative groups opposed to SNICK (Saturday Night Nickelodeon).

I don't mind having a reasoned discussion with you based on actual facts, but only if it is focused and avoids innuendo based on wild speculation.

The facts we have so far are not enough to draw reliable conclusions regarding the appropriateness of the current IRS investigation of 501c(4) applicants. We know only for certain that a large number of conservative political organizations, and a smaller number of liberal political organizations, have inappropriately applied for 501c(4) when they could only be properly categorized as 527 organizations. The IRS has inappropriately granted 501c(4) status to many of these, and now appears a little late in launching a more deeply probing investigation into more recent applications of this type.

#29     Jun 3, 2013
  10. pspr

pspr

Now you are starting to make us laugh.
    I guess you can't see that AAA is talking about the articles in general at your liberal propaganda website.
    More to laugh about. You haven't presented anything except liberal hyperbole and fiction so far. You already admitted that you only read the liberal biased news. That's not facts. Liberals like you run from facts and you are a long distance runner.
    Boy are you easily fooled. You fall for the liberal line, it seems, every time. The facts don't support your allegations today any more than they did a few days ago. You should quit being such a dumbass and get a clue buddy.

P.S. I'm still waiting for that link to verify your claimed Rove quote.

#30     Jun 3, 2013