Congress working to make housing unaffordable to Americans

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Oct 21, 2011.

1. We already have the EB5:

"The fifth employment-based preference Visa (EB-5) was created by Congress in 1990. It serves immigrants seeking to enter the United States by investing in a new commercial enterprise that will benefit the U.S. economy and create at least 10 full-time jobs. EB-5 investments must either create a new commercial enterprise or provide funding to a troubled business. Every year, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) allocates 10,000 Green Cards for this program. A Regional Center investment is an alternative to applying directly as an EB-5 investor."

Seneca

#11     Oct 21, 2011

2. Your missing the subtle message.

"spend at least $500,000 to buy houses in the U.S."

They do not have to spend 500K+ on one home.

As long as they buy enough homes to meet the 500K requirement.

So they buy up 4 homes and then rent them to Americans at high rents.

#12     Oct 21, 2011
  3. S2007S

S2007S

They will do anything they can to prop up real estate prices, this is getting even more pathetic by the second, I hope this does NOT pass.

#13     Oct 21, 2011
  4. CHINA IS BUYING OUR DEBT!!!

When was the last time you put in a sell order for ZN with an attachment stating "this offer good for US citizens only"?

If I have a house in Florida for sale, do you think I'm going to turn down an offer because the buyer has an accent?

An American aint nothing but a foreginer who has lived here for a while.

Land belongs to whoever can steal it.

#14     Oct 21, 2011
  5. heypa

heypa

I love it when a plan comes together.

#15     Oct 21, 2011
  6. jprad

jprad

I guess "government regulation" and "slippery slope" are foreign ideas to you, huh?

#16     Oct 21, 2011
  7. I think this is the general plan. It is goind to take real outside money to resolve the housing debt issue. If the states get new homeowners it also gets property tax revenue. New fresh money is always good for any economic system. I would like to see the rest of the housing market picked up as well, it would generate alot of revenue in the long run. Taking the Swiss approach financial matters might be the best one. Specialized visas for the purposes of home ownership could be one way to attract intersted parties.

Welcome to Neo Fuedalism,

Akuma

Buy some GOLD!!!!!

#17     Oct 22, 2011
  8. http://www.houston-immigration-lawyers.com/FAQs-invest-for-citizenship.html
    FAQ's

Do I need one million dollars to invest in the United States?

A quick answer to this question is “NO.” Often time, people are confused between an E-2 Treat Investor verses an Employment Based Immigrant Petition, 5th Preference. Under the 5th employment based preference, an foreign national may come and invest in the United States. If approved, the person does not need a labor certification and usually a visa is immediately available. The person must invest at least $ 1 Million in a populated area or $500,000 in a less populated (rural) area. This is a substantial amount of investment for most foreign nationals and also is not a small number for U.S. residents or citizens. Thus, this category is not practical for most investors. If the foreign national is a national of a “treaty country,” one that has a Friendship and Commerce Treaty and/or a Navigation and Commerce Treaty with the U.S, then the foreign national may apply for an E-1 Treaty Trader or an E-2 Treaty Investor, depending on the person’s qualifications. The person does not have to invest one million dollars. In fact, the person does not even need to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Immigration and Naturalization Act and federal regulations require only that the investment to be “substantial.” Substantiality is entirely dependent on the type of investment. For example, opening or purchasing and operating a used car dealership may require a higher investment than opening or purchasing a convenience store or a retail shop at a mall. For more information, please click on E-1 Treaty Trader & E-2 Treaty Investor.

#18     Oct 22, 2011
  9. #19     Oct 22, 2011