Congress working to make housing unaffordable to Americans

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Oct 21, 2011.

1. The reeling housing market has come to this: To shore it up, two Senators are preparing to introduce a bipartisan bill Thursday that would give residence visas to foreigners who spend at least $500,000 to buy houses in the U.S.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203752604576641421449460968.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

I guess they want to make housing unaffordable to Americans by creating a housing bubble pricing out Americans when europeans throw lots of hot money into our housing market.

And with the Visas they can also take American jobs as well.

Great going congress.

2. if this all they have to do they should stay home , the average worker person must think this is sickening

3. South Florida rents rise as international buyers continue to invest in local housing

As more homeowners turn into renters because of the foreclosure crisis, investors are buying distressed properties and converting them to rentals to meet the demand.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/...ents-rise-as-international.html#ixzz1bQPZUkAt

4. WOW, let me tell you, the Uk would be depopulated, all the brits would immigrate to Florida

5. Sounds like we are going third world now. Debase the currency and then invite all the foreigners to "invest" in our economy by purchasing our relatively inexpensive real estate. Mexico comes to mind.

6. pupu

pupu

They just doing they job

Don't forget these lying scumbags only work for the top 1%
    Lots of money to be made on this by the trumps and wall streeters

7. We are going to continue to have immigration, legal and otherwise, that is a fact. What is wrong with letting the successful and those who bring cash into our country move to the top of the immigration ladder. This is a very good idea.

8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

How many investors can afford a 500,000 home? The second issue is that they must live in the home for 6 months and they don't get a work visa. The only people who this makes sense to are retirees, the idle rich, and h1b visa holders who can use this to break the shackles from their employers.

9. How many investors can afford a 500,000 home? The second issue is that they must live in the home for 6 months and they don't get a work visa. The only people who this makes sense to are retirees, the idle rich, and h1b visa holders who can use this to break the shackles from their employers.k this country will survive and get back on track.

-----------------------------------------------

True 90% of Americans are broke.

Might as well attract the retire folk from other countries as our retired folk with wealth are leaving to retire in some far off land.

I see nothing wrong with this.

The only ones bitching about this would be the broke ass person who is pissed that some successful person bought a 500k home, regardless of where the home purchaser is from.

It's class warfare people......EMBRACE THIS WAR! Make shit tones of money through ethical practices in business and live well! Or, fall to the 99% who roam the streets of NYC crying, bitching about the wrong shit.

OBAMA wants class warfare....well this month was a great Battle Month and my take down was nice. I approach each and every month as if I am going into Battle and I am closing deals left and right. BRING ON THIS WAR .....I'm battle ready. And allow the successful to come to our country and join in the Battle!!!!!!

NOW LET ME SEE YOUR WARFACE!!!!! OIL BABY!!!!

10. I am not an expert on this, but I would guess this proposal is aimed more at Asians and South Americans than Europeans. Most europeans can come to the US without a visa now, as I understand it or can easily get a visitor's visa. There are many Brits and Canadians either already owning or buying property in Florida, that's for sure. You see more canadians in some parts of florida than you will see in Vancouver.

Most countries, eg Canada, have some sort of investor visa provision. I am neutral on this proposal, but it isn't anything too unusual.

#10     Oct 21, 2011