Congress To Launch Biggest Investigation of Wall Street Practices & Abuses Since 1929

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Old News.... SEC/FINRA were just at my Private Equity Firm. The State of Texas is being investigated...All who are BDs......due to Stanford.

They are going to climb up your arse with microscopes......

Nothing Issued towards our group...but they are still asking for bits of this and that, even though the "audit" is over. They went through our PPM hard core.

The Witch Hunt is on.

#11     Apr 21, 2009
  2. I'll be the happiest guy in the world <strike>if</strike> when Treasury Bonds break 60% in the next few years....

#12     Apr 21, 2009
  3. pupu

pupu

WS and more in general corporate america runs the gov'mnt.

A whole load of sh*t needs to hit the fan before gov'mnt will actually do something significant and move against them.

#13     Apr 21, 2009
  4. #14     Apr 21, 2009
  5. I hope you're right and I remain optimistic that some CEOs will go to prison in hopes of preventing their successors from similar practices.

That being said, any trials could be nothing more than a "staged theater show" to the American people. The legal fees will be another waste of taxpayer money. I doubt any Goldman Sachs employees would be indicted considering that then people like Henry Paulson would be on the hook... too much political clout to be prosecuted.

#15     Apr 21, 2009
  6. Politics and Economics mix as well as Politics and Religion. All three should be separated and independent of one another. Until politics gets their nose out of Economics and vice versus nothing will ever change.

#16     Apr 21, 2009
  7. Speaking of holding people accountable, when are they going to investigate the gross incompetence we call our politicians in Washington? Heaven forbid even READ the legislation you “have to get passed” to avert disaster. I guess it is ok to go after everyone under the sun, except the most incompetent group in the bunch. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Sorry. I know that is just crazy talk. Expecting my politicians to do their job. The US takes a step back almost every week these days. I wish I could sign a contract (legislation), realize I didn’t read it and didn’t like the terms I put in it, then sign another contract (more legislation) to penalize my counter-party because I didn’t read the contract in the first place. While I am at, why don’t I pass a pay raise and bonus for myself and then sign another contract pardoning myself from any wrong doing. Sounds like a plan.

Good trading.

TM

#17     Apr 21, 2009
  8. You guys are delusional.
    The only thing that will come from this is probly electronic CDS markets and probly consolidation of who clears OTC derivatives..probly kicked to the firms who are most connected with the goverment.

#18     Apr 22, 2009
  9. ammo

ammo

when enron happened ,they picnhed martha stewart, maybe oprah will be the scapegoat,no ,shes obams friend,there will be a sacrificail lamb to prove they did there job, rush limbaugh?

#19     Apr 22, 2009