Congress just doesn't get it

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by DonKee, Sep 23, 2008.

1. dtan1e

dtan1e

how do they come up with the figure 700 anyway?

#11     Sep 23, 2008
  2. Ok, that puts us about 25 - 30% off the all time top

#12     Sep 23, 2008
  3. That is the truth.

#13     Sep 23, 2008
  4. jordanf

jordanf

I still would love to see someone shoot straight on the ramifications of NOT doing the bailout.

When asked directly, they always avoid answering. "Unemployment will go up." Fine. How much? Up to 8%? 10%? 20%? 30%?

"The economy will retract". How much? For how long? Am I going to wake up one morning and all my trading accounts have vanished into thin air?

The stock market goes down. So? Markets aren't allowed to go down?

Look, I know it's near impossible to predict anything for sure, but I feel like I'm watching a poker game where I'm not allowed to see the size of the pot.

#14     Sep 23, 2008
  5. Cant have that in an election year. Paulson and his banking pals will cause the market to fall until they get there tax payer money.

Paulson did and about face when Goldman started falling, help help we need a massive bailout or Goldman Sachs is going to fail.

#15     Sep 23, 2008
  6. Yes.

#16     Sep 23, 2008
  7. mxjones

mxjones

You could make [win?] $1 Million/day and it would take over 1,900 years to equal that amount.

:eek:

#17     Sep 23, 2008
  8. We better hope it gets decline, for the worst is ABOUT to come either way. If it gets approved and passed, it will be WORSE than if it got decline

#18     Sep 23, 2008
  9. Oh! Do share. I'm drawing a blank here.

#19     Sep 23, 2008
  10. dtan1e

dtan1e

if their experts r so expert they wouldn't pass a ban not knowing the impact on mkt makers, i don't think they r so expert afterall, more like some self interests as mentioned earlier involved

#20     Sep 23, 2008