Congratulations

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Big AAPL, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

If you caught the majority of that rare 100 pt move today. My system gave me 5 pts, slightly more than my target of 2 to 3 pts. If you banged it out, care to share some vague pointers? Only intraday traders need apply.

2. I caught 40 points.Only be able to with follow the trend of some sort.

3. Can bounce another 100 back.Congrats!:D

4. 5 is better than -5

Big AAPL likes this.
  5. Yesterday wasn't that much different from any other day except that it was an Outside Day and that the volatility was high even in this environment.

But a basic answer is that when price started dropping below Friday's high, you'd generally expect a test of Friday's low as a target by the close. That's an 80 point drop. It just happened to be that those lows didn't hold.

I don't see the markets behave any different than at any other time. It's just that the moves are way amplified. Now, the market 'retraces' the range of a normal day in a few minutes.

So, update your expectations and trade accordingly.

Big AAPL likes this.
  6. Handle123

Handle123

If you are asking for pointers, this tells me you have not mastered charting, you should be able to look at a chart's past to be able to have sets of probabilities of what you should do next. Trading is not a couple of pointers to turn your trading to great deal better, trading is ongoing work to find what works for you, great deal of study.

ET has tons of educational material is very good start.

7. schweiz

schweiz

I had the best trade of my life. Went short at 2704 because my system told me so. My system stayed short till the close, so I only had to try to get out as low as possible in the last 30 minutes. I had no idea that it would go so far, just followed the rules.
    2 hours after the opening my system said that the drop would take a few hours. So I just waited, waited, waited and lowered my stop as I did not wish to give back everything.
    Will not post my profit in points as I always get attacked if I post something that average joe cannot do.
    My system caught the move almost perfectly. In this kind of moves it happens rarely as I leave in general still some bread on the table. Luck probably with my exit.

030985, Laissez Faire and Sprout like this.
  8. Sprout

Sprout

It's unfortunate that the only change the 'crabs in a bucket' mentality observes and serves is to keep themselves in the bucket.

The money velocity achievable via high-performance trading is truly awe-inspiring. Congratulations on your success and may the road of good fortune continue to offer blessings!

Laissez Faire and schweiz like this.
  9. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Thanks for all the responses. It's clear to me the biggest flaw my system had was the fact that since the ES was up over 40 points at one point it was in "bias" mode. I followed my rules and all, but to see that much money left on the table was eye opening. Funniest part was I only took 3 long trades! Kudos to all who followed their plan and made bank.