Congratulations to the owners of the Russell Index

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SteveH, Sep 16, 2008.

1. SteveH

SteveH

...for single-handedly messing up probably the best daytrader's e-mini contract for the past 4 years.

Just bring up a 1 min chart of the new TFZ8 contract and look back from last Thursday's rollover to today. You can see the initial interest and transaction volume picking up nicely before today.

But today...sheesh...if that's not a vote of no-confidence by daytraders than I don't know what is. This 1 min chart looks like a really bad penny stock.

On the brighter side, the ES is acting like the old ER2 now. There's a lot more 2:1+ reward to risk opportunities with 1.25 to 1.50 pt stop losses to try and make 3 to 5 pts. This volatility may stay high now that there is more interest in it among the displaced ER2 daytraders.

Whomever had the command decision of the ownership of the Russell Funds to approve this switch looks like they're going to regret this move for a long time to come.

I'll bet folks at the CME who tried to pursuade the Russell owners not to give exclusive rights to the ICE are laughing their collective A's off as I type this.

2. bob5e

bob5e Guest

Seems like everybody is having problems integrating TF . . I'm still waiting on NinjaTrader and Trading Technologies. Time to shift to the ES or EMD. Screw ICE!!!!

3. EMD is a nice contract just waiting for volume to pick up

4. IB shows 200K contracts traded on TF yesterday, almost the same as it used to trade on CME.

5. metro

metro

Well it will take a fee days for some to get data again - like with IB you need to now subscribe to ICE and the old symbol was ER2 and now it is RUT - so it is understandable that on the change day there was less trading on it

at the moment the Sept is 714 and Dec 713 - rather large spread