Congratulations Baron

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stevene9, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. While Hitman was a popular thread. I congratulate you for having the guts to keep the integrity of these boards intact. Too much blatant commercialization would eventually destroy this board.

2. sammybea

sammybea

No offense.. the reason why hitman was kicked out was because of ET's commercialization of its website. Obviously, Worldco wasn't paying for ads like Bright is doing. If Bright leaves, ET would lose real money. Commercialization at its best.

3. Babak

Babak

here's a thought: why don't we actually talk about trading?

4. I've seen blatant sucking up before but this is nauseating.

5. 2nd that.

Rtharp

6. Magna

Magna Administrator

....and I 3rd that. What a novel idea for something called Elite Trader.... :eek:

7. BSAM

BSAM

And whether we agree or disagree, Baron has made it abundantly clear how he wants to run this board. If you don't like it, go see if Hitman's new place is better. I'm staying here.

And Babak, I'll fourth that!:cool:

BSAM

8. whatever justification there was for banning Terry was forgotten when he started closing the threads down which discussed the action. If he can't defend the decision he shouldn't have made it.

Personally, I think that while lots of stuff Terry posted was completely OT and sometimes offensive to certain people, he CONTRIBUTED. If he recruits--so what? He's not trying to pull anything over on anyone.

9. Excuse me, but wasn't Hitman talking about trading?

10. dottom

dottom

He was also talking about spoofing IP addresses, creating fake logins, and spamming ET. As he put it "I know every spam trick in the book". Perhaps you missed the deleted threads where Hitman was spamming and threatening ET with more spam?

Above and beyond the issue of recruiting & advertising for Worldco in his threads, Hitman did not express any professionalism in dealing with the issue. Look at Don, Gene, Def, Rtharp, Tony Oz & others here for examples of high-class professionalism, even in cases where they strongly disagree with others.

Hitman seems to think everything is a "war" and he needs to carry his 'hard nose, take-it-or-leave-it, I'm going to get my way or kick your ass on the highway, I am a trading desk manager so I am entitled to my attitude' to everything in life, not just managing his trading team. I think the manner in which he behaved in response to requests by ET has more to do with the situation than the nature of the recruiting/advertising in the journals themselves.

#10     Apr 16, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.