Congratulation Bob Bright ....

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by lolo24ca, Jun 9, 2005.

1. ktm

ktm

Rotter was on the list, 30-40M I think. There are 100 people on the list. If you think someone made more, check the list. If they didn't make it, write the magazine.

#31     Jun 14, 2005
  2. simp1

simp1

Well thats an estimate and if you know how Rotter trades and the volume he swings , you would think that amount is well out.

#32     Jun 14, 2005
  3. Well, then, thats like saying Steinbrenner is a 400 hitter.

#33     Jun 14, 2005
  4. Not sure, but I think I missed this thread...so I glanced over some of the posts quickly (I gotta head out of here to interview Erik Seidel about his latest $665K win at the World Series of Poker).

However, just a couple of points that may be of interest:

The number for Bob was actually $28Million in his personal trading profits in 2004.
    Bright Trading, Inc. is the managing partner of Bright Trading, LLC. Don (me) is part of Bright Trading, Inc.
    The Bright's don't have to worry about working or "hustling" or anything else....we do enjoy (immensely) trading and growing the family business (and "grooming" the next generation of Bright's. and Bright traders).

FWIW, I do the opening strategy so that I can show (in a simple way), new traders something that works easily and consistently. I currently have around $5.5 million in open pairs (about 20 pairs). I don't want to "throw money around" or get too involved with the "big money" approaches on the public boards.

At times it seems that some people just feel compelled to "knock" what they don't know or understand....which is unfortunate, but it is something that I have had to put up with for quite some time. I know (deep down) that what we do as a business has been extremely beneficial to a huge number of traders. And, yes, many traders lose money, which is too bad, but if was easy, then there would be little room for profit. We (BT) provide tools and capital, and the last I checked, that's what it takes to make money in the markets. If they can't make it with BT, it's doubtful that they could make it anywhere...just a fact of life. We work hard with our traders.

Today I made $185 with my openings, and I am up about $6,400 with my pairs.

And, one final thing (maybe)...I find ET fun and it helps me in my media work, and I like to offer free help when I can.

Gotta run....back at ya later.

Don

#34     Jun 15, 2005
  5. And they interviewed Andrew Spanton too and praised him for what he was doing. That magazine has no credibility with me at all. It's a good fluff magazine with expensive crap that you can't afford to buy.

#35     Jun 15, 2005
  6. Don

Although I would have no interest or need for your company, I wanted to say that I have always enjoyed your posts on ET and don't take anything written on here to personal.

I wish you and your family much success, you have always been insightful and professional and sure a little biased towards prop and your firm particularly (which is understandable).

Good Trading to you ....

#36     Jun 15, 2005
  7. Don,

I don't know Bob or you for that matter :) But tell Bob ATTA BOY...

Now he must go do it again and at least get another 25% on it for next year! So get busy!

Michael B.

#37     Jun 15, 2005
  8. There are professional athletes (football, basketball, auto racing, tennis et cetera) making a million or so per year and still have small business on the side.

I don't buy your analogy about those side businesses . Those are just passive investments for the most part and require little or no time by the athletes. On the other hand
    What the Bright brothers do takes time and some dedication which makes them very involved ( I assume).
    So the questions are valid
    WHY.....
    Cheers
    john

#38     Jun 15, 2005
  9. 28 million. I'll assume it was on a huge amount of handle, with a profit of a few cents a share, maybe a bit more achieved. I know his costs of trading must be quite low

Otherwise, how is it possible for many of your traders to lose money or make very little, when someone in the org has that
    kind of know how?

I know being in the same room would not be of much help. You have to be able to 'grok' how the money is being made.

Is what he's doing not possible to duplicate systematically? Or does he have proprietary indicators that he can't disclose?

#39     Jun 16, 2005
  10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

How is it that there are lots of players playing in tournaments week in and week out that can't perform at the level of Tiger Woods or Vijay Singh? Plenty og guys don't even make it out on the PGA tour, many are relegated to the minor league tours. Same in NFL, NBA, MLB, professional tennis ... lots of people aspire to "make it" but a relativerly small percent make it "big".

#40     Jun 16, 2005