Congrats to the Government

Discussion in 'Trading' started by flipflopper, Sep 9, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Free markets?

I dont think that term exists....

#31     Sep 9, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

Well, we had a Revolution 230 years ago to rid us of the oppression of King George III.

Something again like that.. to rid us of our own self-serving, thieving Federal Gummint we have now.

#32     Sep 9, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Many have disagreed with me, it seems everytime the market goes into some type of turmoil the federal reserve steps in a pumps it back up, what many do not understand is that this is making matters worse, not better. What greenspan did in 2001-2002 by lowering rates to historical lows was the WORSE he could have ever done for this economy, he created easy credit and great liquidity that hurt this economy. What bernanke is doing now is going to create more problems in the long run, bailing out these companies is not the way to go about and fix the problem, free markets dont apply to wallstreet. If it were not for the liquidity injections, low interest rates and bailouts over the last 18 months the markets would be 25-40% lower than they are today. They step in every single time there is a problem and try to sugar coat it as if everything is better than what actually is. Im sure bernanke is going to lower rates even lower now that the dollar has propped up and commodities have collapsed.

#33     Sep 9, 2008
  4. Cutten

Cutten

Since both bailouts destroyed huge amounts of value (before we even count the costs of the moral hazard), I'd say he was spot on both times.

#34     Sep 10, 2008