Congrats to Schindler!

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Oct 1, 2006.

1. Aaron

Aaron

The two ways the assets can go down are by withdrawals and by trading losses. Generally people don't tell me why they are making withdrawals and I don't ask.

#41     Nov 5, 2006
  2. Aaron

Aaron

IASG.com reports the Schindler Trading Sharpe ratio as 1.04 annualized.

I haven't calculated the beta or alpha but the beta would be pretty low with a correlation coefficient between Schindler Trading and the S&P 500 of only 0.077. With such a low correlation, the returns of the Schindler Trading program are almost pure alpha.

The returns and monthly performance history are available at http://www.schindlertrading.com/index.php?page=performance
    Take a look at the correlation of Schindler Trading with your personal portfolio -- I bet a 5 or 10% allocation would improve your Sharpe!

Regards,
    Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

P.S. Thanks, NickBarings!

#42     Nov 5, 2006
  3. Schindler Fund (taken directly from Aaron's monthly performance update)...

The Schindler Fund lost 12.2% in November and is now up 21.3% for the year to date. In comparison the S&P 500 was up 1.9% for November and 13.6% for the year to date. Sometimes economic news releases can suddenly and unexpectedly move the markets we trade. This month we had a couple particularly bad days when we were caught on the wrong side of the moves following the release of the CPI and PPI.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Tough month Aaron. Hope December is good to you. :)

#43     Dec 3, 2006
  4. Update...

The Schindler Fund gained 2.3% in January. In comparison, the S&P 500 was up 1.5%.

Latest Results...

Schindler Fund, S&P 500
    January +2.30%, +1.5%
    1 year +17.25%, +13.9%
    3 years +30.08%, +31.1%
    5 years +181.16%, +34.8%

#44     Feb 3, 2007
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Good job Aaron on another great month. Schindler Trading was up 13.6% for the month and is now up 16.2% YTD. Way to go!!!!!!

#45     Mar 1, 2007
  6. Aaron

Aaron

Thanks, Maverick. Good trading to you in March!

#46     Mar 1, 2007
  7. I think the best thing about this is that from everything I can tell, Aaron is a good guy. It's good to see people like him doing well.

#47     Mar 1, 2007
  8. virgin

virgin

Aaron,

Good job , keep it up !

How come that you can publicly advertise your result in contrary to the rest ?

How many trades you average per day and what is the average holding period ?(if this is not part of the secret) :cool:

How does Schindler rank between the rest over a 5 year period ?

#48     Mar 1, 2007
  9. Maverick1

Maverick1

Yeah can you imagine if every CTA out there pulled a Niederhoffer on people from time to time, that is, simply stop posting results whenever they feel like it... :eek:

It's refreshing to see Aaron's commitment to his trading, open disclosure and overall honesty in a business rife with shady business practices.

#49     Mar 1, 2007
  10. Aaron

Aaron

Thanks, Formika! And good trading to you in March, also.

Virgin, Schindler Trading can advertise because we are a registered CTA (commodity trading advisor). The "registered" part is what makes it okay to advertise, or in the words of the NFA (National Futures Association) regulations "hold ourselves out to the public" as a CTA.

Maverick, in my opinion managed futures or, more generally, hedge funds are not rife with shady business practices. I think it is more a case of people noticing the handful of frauds because they are written up in the press. But there are thousands of ethical managers that don't get any mention who quietly go about their business.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#50     Mar 1, 2007