Congrats to Schindler!

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Maverick74, Oct 1, 2006.

1. ozzy

ozzy

It's all about marketing. Knowing quantum physics will not help you get these clients !! Unless of course your making 100%+ with minimal drawdowns.

Then your golden.

#11     Oct 2, 2006
  2. Nice, I always enjoyed reading those backpage bios. I am sure you'll see a large influx of new capital once you see a few more years of smooth equity curves.

#12     Oct 2, 2006
  3. Aaron

Aaron

Thanks, Riskarb!

I'm guessing it helps if they slope upward? :p

Schindler Trading's AUM is up 30% in '06. So we're growing. Not huge, but the slope is positive.

#13     Oct 2, 2006
  4. Yes, I know hedge funds do not give out performance numbers, but I doubt it is some government regs.

I suspect the partners just want to keep things private. The whole qualified investor test is just so much legal clap-trap.

How can stating a fact, like "my fund is up X% this year..." followed by disclaimers like Aaron's "PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS. FUTURES TRADING IS SPECULATIVE AND INVOLVES A HIGH DEGREE OF RISK." and "we only take investors with a certain net worth that understand these high risks...", etc, etc. be construed as soliciting unqual people?

With enough disclaimers, you can get away with ANYTHING!!! :p

I know, I know...I'm not a lawyer and you can throw an ocean liner thru the holes in my post. You can get the performance info from pay services. Still, sometimes it seems very convenient for some to say "I can't give out my numbers.!" :D

Good trading to all. I'll go back to my hole now... :cool:

#14     Oct 2, 2006
  5. Accreds a fakin' ... goodness sakin'
    They want a GP who brings home the bacon
    Got no AUM and got bad ROR
    Then you got no HNWIs and there you are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESLIjZqli7c

#15     Oct 2, 2006
  6. When it comes to investing in hedge funds, due dilegence is important and shindler trading ticks a number of boxes that other funds don't.

He learned his craft under monroe trout - a true zen master of the game.

His systems survived september 11

His systems have continued to make equity highs after major draw downs - sometimes very quickly.

he has halfed his leverage and continues to make excellent returns.

And as for funds under management, less than 10m is a benefit. It means Shindler can employ strategies billion dollar funds can't. As funds under management increase, total returns will decrease.
    So I would place my money in a smaller fund over a larger one any day of the week.

Runningbear

#16     Oct 3, 2006
  7. I'd have a very similar feeling about HF in general, if managers have to trade only AUM exclusively.

A question is whether managers are allowed "Officially" to trade other accounts of their own/ relatives?

#17     Oct 3, 2006
  8. once again, this 3rd generation niederhoffian proves he has what it takes. nice going aaron !

:D

surf:cool:

#18     Oct 3, 2006
  9. #19     Oct 3, 2006
  10. Prevail

Prevail Guest

good job aaron, most index systems crashed the last few years, you held up. here's to more aum.

#20     Oct 3, 2006