Congrats to my buddy Aaron at Schindler Trading up over 13% in July....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by retaildaytrader, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Shhhh...Don't tell Aaron's investors they can open a Fidelity account and can trade EAFE EFT commission free.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=efa
    http://personal.fidelity.com/products/trading/What_You_Can_Trade/WYCT_ETFs.shtml.cvsr

But guess they have so much money, they don't care...

Anyways, just saying how active management can be done by the individual if, and only if, they care to learn and explore investing/trading or if they do not wish to waste the time/energy, they can mirror the index without paying people like Aaron.

#41     Aug 25, 2010
  2. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Good on Aaron for posting his results (no statistics tho), but he only has $6MM under mgmt. That sounds more like a couple of friends' moms or grammy and grampy under management. :D

#42     Aug 25, 2010
  3. DT-waw

DT-waw

hey, why are you so sensitive or even furious? can't you read with the simple understanding of words?
    i've just wrote that aaron is a jew. what the hell is wrong with that statement?

where on earth do you see racism in my post?
    its a well known fact that people from many races try to take financial advantage of other people who are not smart (or who are stupid). jews just happen to be the most effective in this task.
    now, call me names or attack me personally if you prefer not to address the merit of the issue.

#43     Aug 25, 2010
  4. heech

heech

Aaron's been a great contributor to this forum, and the fact that he has $6mm AUM alone speaks to the value of the EAFE overlay approach. And not only I would also never wish to speak poorly of a fellow MIT alum... you really need to have a longer-term horizon when looking at management skill. A few months of superior (or inferior) performance isn't compelling "proof" of anything.

That said, I can't imagine that he's especially pleased with recent performance either. (10% above EAFE in the 2.5 years since inception.)

#44     Aug 25, 2010
  5. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Buddy, two things about your posts that are ridiculous.

#1. Your buddy Aaron MUST beat the index to justify
    the management fees his funds no doubt charges.
    Period. This is why ETFs are taking over a big chunk
    of Mutual Fund business where at least half the funds
    are run by incompetant people. Aaron I make no
    judgement except what you are congratulating him for
    is not worthy of congratulations.

#2. You posted a crash/doomsday type post in another thread
    that suggests you are not understanding TODAY's market
    at all. Go ahead tell us where the market indexes will be
    as of April 30. 2011. You will miss by a large margin.

#45     Aug 25, 2010
  6. Yes, but Aaron is outperforming the index; the ETF isn't: http://us.ishares.com/product_info/fund/performance/EFA.htm

I don't know who his investor(s) are, but if I have $100mm and want to have 8% in global equities, and want to spread that around 5 managers, Aaron might be one of the managers getting $1-2mm. And no, I can find many other worthwhile endeavors in my life with that kind of money so I won't care to learn trading/investing. Seriously. Why do something when you can hire somebody to do it better and cheaper?

#46     Aug 25, 2010
  7. d08

d08

If I'd have 100mm, I'd find funds that have shown constant profitability, they are out there. If his result were good he would have a lot more than 6mm under management. But as someone already mentioned, at least he is honest.

#47     Aug 25, 2010
  8. thats like a mandate to be smarter than the village idiot.

#48     Aug 25, 2010
  9. Correct me if i am wrong but:
    1) Italian is a nationality not a religion
    2) there is no history of persecution and repeated attempts to annihilate people from Italy based only on their country of origin.

#49     Aug 25, 2010
  10. Anytime you categorize a group of people with one specific negative trait it is blatant bigotry.
    When you say all Jews are thieves, it is bigotry.
    The fact that several high profile Jews have been accused of theft/ponzi lately does not mean that all Jews are like that.
    Additionally if you think about the amount of Jews who work on Wall st., the percentage who did anything dishonest is very small.
    And if you are saying that Jews are taking advantage of others groups who are not smart, your logic is extremely flawed as ALL (or over 98%) of Madoff's investors were Jewish or Jewish institutions.
    If you want to write about something how about the disproportionately high amount of Jewish Nobel Prize recipients.
    Was that achieved by dishonesty also ? The Israeli government is bribing the Nobel committee to favor Jews?

#50     Aug 25, 2010