Congrats Fed! Maybe CPI Will Heal Itself: Inflation @ 9.6% Annualized

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Maybe the government business is to 'sell' (read: give a gift) America to China, Japan, Korea and everyone currently holding most of US Tsy reserves when the system will be insolvent....

#21     Aug 14, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

Could be something like that... but what would that portend for the future of American citizens?

#22     Aug 14, 2008
  3. The goal is to increase the slavery of the average man to the system, draining most of the resources to a few wealthy groups and increasing the differentials in terms of those that have the power/money and the rest of the people...or they know that 2012 is really the end of the world!

#23     Aug 14, 2008
  4. He isn't "doing nothing" as you say. He is doing precisely what they should do to achieve the objective.

In their view, housing is the biggest threat and was the trigger for the current problems. It also has the potential to increase the problem 10-fold.

What does conventional wisdom say the best thing to do is? CREATE INFLATION!!! This will artificially increase fallen house prices, because home prices over the long run move almost exactly in line with inflation.

Americans spend 24-25% of their gross income on shelter. This almost never changes. If nominal home prices start falling, the best thing to do is create inflation that will offset the fall. This will allow people the opportunity to sell the house without foreclosing.

Sure prices on everything else go up in the mean time, but people don't go bankrupt, they just have to stop eating out as much and buy more Mac n Cheese.

#24     Aug 14, 2008
  5. What is needed, 4 more years of that excellent Bush/Cheney leadership. Heck, make that 8 more for good measure. It will do more wonders for the nation. That’s what will take for the people to wake up if ever.
    McCain will do a great job too.

#25     Aug 14, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

It's true... Bush/Cheney has been CRAPPY for America... but that does not logically lead to the conclusion, "Obama will be good or "better than Bush".. I'm of the opinion that Obama will be crappy too... just a different kind...
    :mad:

#26     Aug 14, 2008
  7. If you personally don't have more money today than 8 years ago you've been asleep. Further if you think some slick, packaged, flip-flopping, class warfare fighting Chicago Democrat machine lawyer coupled with a whack job liberal Dem Congressional majority is a bull item for America then you're the type who thinks Chavez is a good idea as well....

#27     Aug 14, 2008
  8. You are misguided as ever. Always ready to go after the messenger if the message doesn’t suit you.
    First, if you and I have more money (assuming you cared to adjust for true inflation erosion) than 8 years ago, is not the point about the state of nation as a whole. Some people will always get richer no matter how crappy the leadership is. Pick the worst country in the world and there too some have more than 8 years ago.
    Second, please keep your idiotic assumptions about what I think to yourself. Unless of course you have a post of mine supporting Chavez or cheering the “democratic machine”, please zip it.

#28     Aug 14, 2008
  9. Other than the war which I'm agnostic about (it sux but compared to other stupid American wars it's been pretty benign) Bush has done a good job. I don't see any other G8 nations booming at this moment either. The slowdown is global not American.....

#29     Aug 14, 2008
  10. Oh, come on, Pabst. I'm a republican too, but that's just ridiculous. The man has emboldened Iran, screwed up just about every foreign policy move he could have, run the national debt into the stratosphere, oil prices have risen what - 500%? - since he took office...the list goes on and on and on and on.

#30     Aug 14, 2008