Congrats Fed! Maybe CPI Will Heal Itself: Inflation @ 9.6% Annualized

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 14, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

For years the economy has been "cyclical"... most people just accept that but don't understand why.

One of the major reasons WAS because the Fed used to "create" the cyclicality. They would stimulate economic activity by lowering rates and increasing liquidity. Then when those inflationary actions had raised the inflation rate in the economy too much, they would raise rates and drain liquidity. When inflation had cooled, they would step on the gas again.

But since the GreenScam Fed, they basically don't do that any more. Instead, they (2) keep the inflationary money-pump pedal mashed to the floor, and (2) LIE about the inflation is causes.

Why is that? The correct answer will tell a lot about the future of America... :mad:

#11     Aug 14, 2008
  2. Oil and gold drops are being more than offset by material, food and other energy-source inflationary spikes.

The worst part of this is that producers have just begun to pass on to the consumer many of the costs that were building for the last year at the wholesale level. They tried to hold the line but couldn't any longer - Tyson Chicken is a perfect example of this.

Now, this is anecdotal, but I have to say it nonetheless (so disregard it in the grand scheme of this discussion): I had the misfortune of having to go shopping this past weekend. I have never before seen, nor did I ever expect to see, a green pepper that cost $1.50. I'm talking about a single green pepper.

#12     Aug 14, 2008
  3. The whole system is insolvent.

#13     Aug 14, 2008
  4. Do you have a learning disability?

#14     Aug 14, 2008
  5. Hydroponic! How are you?

You should be pissed off. Hasn't BC Bud gone through the roof?

#15     Aug 14, 2008
  6. THAT is the bottom line. Inflate or die!!! :)

#16     Aug 14, 2008
  7. I love that line. I used to write it all the time.

The bottom line is NO one has any idea what they are doing. This whole system has ZERO redundancy. It stretches from ocean to ocean, nation to nation.

The risk of something going wrong is very very high

#17     Aug 14, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

More accurately, "inflate AND kill everybody, but later"..

#18     Aug 14, 2008
  9. i like that one too.

#19     Aug 14, 2008
  10. Obama will put a chicken and green pepper in every pot.

[​IMG]

#20     Aug 14, 2008