Confused with IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by tradebanzai, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear from practising person. So as to TOS paper fill and real fill are two big differences?

PS Just wonder, as you trade in TOS. Why don't you choose IB? Commision rates are much lower. Or you like their soft (actually as I do)?

#11     Nov 29, 2006
  2. Well actually I'm really far from thinking that paper and reality are close. I was just asking if TOS acts the same in reality (like, as I understand, IB does). Now I know the answer is not and I'm disappointed a bit with that. Let's wait then the end of January.

#12     Nov 29, 2006
  3. Tums

Tums

Yes, you can get better fill than bid/ask.
    TOS does that for me regularly !

#13     Nov 30, 2006
  4. dhpar

dhpar

that is nuts. when you are willing to buy @3.1 and somebody is willing to sell @3.1 (on offer) then 3.1 should be a clearing price!

#14     Nov 30, 2006
  5. What instruments are you trading? How long have you been with TOS? The other guy in this thread said it's hard to get a better fill than bid-ask.
    More generally, let me ask if TOS suits you? I'm planning to enter the market soon (I'm interested in stocks and options) and trying to find a good broker.

#15     Nov 30, 2006
  6. Paper fill and real fill are totally different. Commission is negotiable if you have volume. I don't like the cancellation fee in IB, so I am currently using TOS. I am going to set up another accouunt with IB and see how the software performs compared to TOS, and I will probably use IB for future and future options only.

BTW I find it hard to get filled at mid in real trading, but it is very likely to get filled between bid and ask in normal market environment. That means, both simulators give you unrealistic results. TOS simulator gives you the "best" result, whereas IB gives you the "worst" case.

#16     Nov 30, 2006