Confused graduate HELP!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by delpz, Aug 30, 2007.

1. So does the slime. But, we digress...

#21     Sep 7, 2009
  2. You would know about a plumbers salary because you are a plumber yourself. And you are elricardo, AKA Richard Gerard. Elricardo was a plumber also that turned daytrader and lost then went back to plumbing and now you are back to trading. The same elricardo that ran that paltalk chat room a few years back and stole everybody's money while giving false trades out loud. Your website was www.elricardostradingroom.com
    You rose from the dead. Here's a link about you http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...ghlight=elricardostradingroom.com#post1434291

#22     Sep 7, 2009
  3. JPM

#23     Sep 7, 2009
  4. Tide31

Tide31

Delpz,

This is a no-brainer to me. First of all the 'prop' position is a horrible offer. 35-65% is backwards. Should be the other way around. Second, almost $5000 a month in interest? If you are flat every night there should be no interest charge. ITs a ridiculous desk charge. If you are maxed out every night this amounts to 15% interest or carry. You will never be able to cover this 'nut' with $400k bp a month just starting out and learning the biz.

Graduate or training programs are great, but slightly over-rated. I taught in one of these programs. If you come out of this program and are successful, you are handcuffed into a relatively small annual salary and bonus for years. I have seen people come out of these programs and get layed off after year 3 when the handcuffs come off. If you start as a clerk instead, and learn from your trader, your hope is he quits or someone else does and you can fill their shoes down the road. To me, having done this over 20 years ago, this is almost as good a deal as the 'program'. Yes, in the program you will spend time at all the other parts of the firm and get a good idea of how the firm works. Then you will be placed on a desk of their choice that you may not be happy with.

If you have not already decided, take the job at JPM - TODAY.

#24     Sep 7, 2009
  5. fwstides

fwstides

I encountered similar situation in my previous job.

Only I can say is - sitting next to prop traders doesnt mean the company will offer you the position when they quit. It matters most whether your position can show your potential and skills to whether it is worth for the company to invest you as a trader. If you only work as a clerk, you will always be a clerk, and the chance is not for you if a trader quits.

#25     Sep 10, 2009
  6. Clearly, TZ, your optimism knows no bounds ... lol.

#26     Sep 11, 2009
  7. the1

the1

Good grief. This is a no-brainer. If you don't take the JPM job you will regret it for the rest of your freaking life!

#27     Sep 11, 2009
  8. monty09

monty09

I traded at JP and its a good place to work. Take the job and do your best to learn.

#28     Sep 12, 2009
  9. thanks for your advices, I have been holding my breath for TWO long years for your words of wisdom!

#29     Sep 12, 2009
  10. Mach4-1

Mach4-1

I have no idea what the fuk you are on about, nor will I look it up - but I must commend you on pointing out some facts in relation to trading.

There are many thick fukin idiots out there that give money to stupid bastards that profess to have a method, or system, that makes money.

Well, here is a big surprise for most of you children out there....they are all liars..now is that not a big let down:eek:

What in the name of fuk is wrong with you feeble minded people..when are you going to wake up from the fukin dream land you are in and see that there are no experts in this shit game of trading - just robbers and thieves!

If you thick dumb ass idiots got yere heads out of yere asses for a minute..ye would see that it is not possible..why..well it is as obvious as the day will turn into the night..but for some stupid fukin reason the mindless twits always look for the easy way out..anything to avoid using the brain..now that would be a major calamity would it not!!!!!!!

Grow up you bunch of school kids..stop looking without and look within..therein lies the answers to all of your problems in life..dismiss this fact and you will get exactly what you deserve in life..EXACTLY!

When I see some of the shite..as I read very little..that is posted on this site,,i say to myself..how can people be so fukin stupid and thick..elite traders..more like telly tubby traders if one is to honest..this site is one big useless ball of shite..and there are only 10 traders on the whole site who know anything about real trading..the rest are just the usual dim wits who know sweet fuk all..and well..you know by now what they do

journals..what a fukin joke:D

there is another idiot in the US who wrote a book about his 10 year old son beating wall street experts..well..let me tell you now..who are the real idiots..the wall street boys or the people who bought the book..boy..what a bunch of fukin assholes we have in the world..how the fuk could anyone in their right mind even consider buying such a useless piece of shite..odds are that the daddy was a professor:D

#30     Sep 15, 2009