confused about where the futures stand tonight....

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Jul 19, 2007.

1. a 1% miss in this under promise mkt is gigantic....Have you sold anything yet? My bet is no...get ready to watch you're paper gains go negative

#21     Jul 20, 2007
  2. LOL your posts are like ambient noise

I'm up between 20-130% on my picks. The Stock_Trad3r index is up 14% in just two weeks...It would take a bear market for all my gains to evaporate.

#22     Jul 20, 2007
  3. I fogot to mention again, stop calling people a PUTZ....I labled you a PUTZ months ago....You are as bad as michael scott..come up with your own material

#23     Jul 20, 2007
  4. I only reserve the word putz for michael scott. I have to think of a nickname for you. Maybe flooz- someone is is full of talk without any record to back it up.

#24     Jul 20, 2007
  5. the futures sold off immediately post cash close.

that is BEFORE the settlement time, so of course the selloff was not reflected in the afterhours # (which is calculated from the settlement point as reference)

for pete's sake.

futures 101.

the settlement price is calculated AFTEr the cash close. and that of course varies based on when the "regular session" ends (which differs between ES and YM.

hint: at what time does CME (and CBOT) get their settlement price for the ES and YM (respectively)

#25     Jul 20, 2007