Confused about IV

Discussion in 'Options' started by hcour, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Appologies, thought he was a buy-hold man.

Yep, agree high gamma - gives a big bang for your buck, but the rent is high (Theta). Horses / courses, risk / reward.

#11     Apr 19, 2005
  2. hcour

hcour Guest

Ok, thanks guys, I'll read up on gamma.

Ktrader, thanks for the heads-up. I'm mainly interested in commodity futures, as opposed to indices. Also considering options on ETF's - QQQQ, SPY, DIA, maybe some sector ETF's also.

H

#12     Apr 20, 2005
  3. cpatriaw

cpatriaw

When stock has hi SV/HV in recent 4-5 days,stock is collapsing(gap down),that is combined by high IV ratio (IV/Highest IV) then market is destined for rally.

Of course you have to watch market trends and block prints to confirm the uptrends.I think this is self-fullfiling indicator where at same time bargain/value investor and shortsqueeze occured at the same time.

Also buying high hi-IV optionshould not be a problem,but you should not buy ATM call/puts,but buy ITM (slightly more expensive but you'll avoid the premium cost).

Thanks,

#13     May 14, 2005
  4. Harold, you must read Natenberg's book. I am re-reading it - some chapters I've read 4 or 5 times. It is an amazing book. I'm going to read Chriss's book on BS next.

#14     May 14, 2005