Confounding the Critics

Discussion in 'Journals' started by areyoukidding?, Oct 25, 2005.

1. still long one, into the close here, never underestimate the stupidity of the buying public.

#31     Oct 25, 2005
  2. Are you gonna tell us what you are actually long or short or just short one or long one. Easier to follow or as your name implies... areyoukidding lol?

#32     Oct 25, 2005
  3. i started that way but felt in cumbersome, i have no problem providing details. will try to be more specific tomorrow.

thanks.

#33     Oct 25, 2005
  4. okay. what to do today. i have shorted one oil service stock already. and i bot some beat to crap tech stock for a small bounce. actually hate both ideas. will wait until the opening squeeze occurs off of boeing and then decided what to do.

#34     Oct 26, 2005
  5. all i can say today is what a squeeze, currently my oil is .16 against me and im down .20 on my tech ouch. bad morning. had the dia early broke even. d'oh. not fun.

#35     Oct 26, 2005
  6. oil is now working FINALLY. tech also up a dime. what a weird day.

#36     Oct 26, 2005
  7. took off 1/2 oil have 1K, tech .15, sold 1/5

#37     Oct 26, 2005
  8. For some reason i was taken out of a thread. i will post the info here.

I think the rally we just witnessed was baseless. i was long 7 stocks, just because the market always tells you what to do. i sold out when the other dealers were clearing out yesterdays inventory.

Made nice money today double my daytrading average.

#38     Oct 28, 2005
  9. All I can say is WHAT A SQUEEZE!!!

i hope noone got caught down there.

#39     Oct 28, 2005
  10. Surround Yourself With Positive People
    By Dan Miller
    48days.com

In the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosake tells the story of the Hawaiian Black Crabs. If you go down to the beach early in the morning you can find black crabs. If you gather them you can put them in your bucket and continue walking on the beach. Now those crabs start thinking, “We are bumping around in this little bucket making a lot of noise but going nowhere.”

Eventually, one crab looks up and thinks, “There’s a whole new world up there. If I could just get my foot up over the edge, I could get out, get my freedom and see the world in my own way.” So he stretches up, pushes a little, and sure enough, gets one foot over the edge. But just as he is about to tip the balance and go over the edge --- a crab from the bottom of the bucket reaches up and pulls him back down. Instead of encouraging him and seeing how they could help each other get to freedom one by one, they pull anyone attempting back down into that confining bucket where death will come quickly.

Unfortunately, that’s not an uncommon picture of the world in which we live and work. Many of us live around a bunch of Black Crabs, ready to ridicule any new idea we have and just as eager to pull us back down to their level of performance. Small thinkers find it much easier to tell you why something won’t work than to help you find a solution. People who feel trapped and are struggling at a low level of success are seldom the ones who will cheer you on to a new endeavor. I have found that one of the key characteristics of successful people is that they hang around people who are already performing at the level at which they want to perform.

#40     Nov 1, 2005