Confiscation of retirement.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by FAST.AM, Nov 6, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Schadenfreude* is not becoming, regardless of your lack of "regret"..

* would be CELEBRATED however if citizens lined up to kick financial crooks (including politicos) in the NADS!

#121     Nov 9, 2008
  2. sumosam

sumosam

"Over the next year the number of unemployed could double. The government has already made some loans available to huge companies like GM and are thinking of more but maybe this is not the best way to use taxpayer money. The automobile manufacturers fought tooth and nail against raising the CAFE (gas mileage) standards and instead built gas guzzlers while the foreign companies supplied most of the hybrids. They were also making too many cars in general and to entice people to give up their current car they offered discounts and zero percent financing. As a result a year ago sales were running at about 17 million new cars a year. Last month's annualized rate was 10.5 million, the lowest level since 1983. Over the next year the rate could drop another 3 million as people decide it is better to hold on to what they have for a while longer and probably start to save some money for a change.

GM reported that they spend about $75 million a day to keep their doors open and last quarter they burned through $6.9 billion while Ford used up $7.7 billion. Ford by the way announced that they will layoff an additional 10% of their workforce. Their businesses has not been run well and the normal situation would be for it to fail if it must and out of that will come new ideas and opportunities as that is how business works. If the government wants just to help out workers than why not hire them directly for the time until the economy improves. The USA could have a modern infrastructure while not tampering with private business. Obama has made it clear that he wants to bolster the nation's crumbling roadways, bridges and sewer systems so doing that will keep people working and improve the country.

courtesy, StockTiger.com

#122     Nov 9, 2008
  3. Let's see... Work for $12.00/hr or sit around and complain for $8.00 and not work...

My Grama used to say "The world needs ditch diggers too."

#123     Nov 9, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

$8, "for nuthin" or $12, for work. $8, sounds good.

#124     Nov 9, 2008
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

This is so true!!!!! I'm a Libertarian, but basically have to vote Republican. I wish there were more like you out there running for office, AND could get the US Citizens to actually listen to them.

On Fox news today, they played a clip from a black lady who was all happy because she said (after odumba got in), "now I don't have to pay for my gas or mortgage.":mad: :mad:

I almost pulled an Elvis after seeing that. (Elvis didn't like what was on T.V once, so he shot out the screen with his .45:D :D My Wife may not care for that though, but I was tempted.:D )

Seriously, all I can say is "I want my Country back." The Country I knew where hard work was rewarded by good pay, and ignorance didn't take center stage placing common sense in the not so common zone.

#125     Nov 9, 2008
  6. Only if the spot where I do 'nuthin' has wifi, and I can bring my laptop for trading. :D

#126     Nov 9, 2008