Confirmed: Glenn Beck ends.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Apr 7, 2011.

1. apparently he offended Obama, Jews and Soros. That is enough to get you destroyed in America.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110407/ap_en_ot/us_tv_fox_beck

NEW YORK – Glenn Beck later this year will end his Fox News Channel talk show, which has sunk in the ratings and has suffered from an advertiser boycott.

Fox and Beck's company, Mercury Radio Arts, said Wednesday they will stay in business creating other projects for Fox television and digital, starting with some documentaries Beck is preparing.

Beck was a quick burn on Fox News Channel. Almost immediately after joining the network in January 2009, he doubled the ratings at his afternoon time slot. Fans found his conservative populism entertaining, while Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert described Beck's "crank up the crazy and rip off the knob" moments.

He was popular with tea party activists and drew thousands of people to the National Mall in Washington last August for a "restoring honor" rally.

Yet some of his statements were getting him in trouble, and critics appealed to advertisers to boycott his show last summer after he said President Barack Obama had "a deep-seated hatred for white people.

Beck was a lightning rod for other critics, as well. The Jewish Funds for Justice organized a petition drive last fall to get Beck fired for what it called his misuse of Nazis and the Holocaust phrases against political opponents.

2. tango29

tango29

I've only caught parts of a show maybe once a week, but I really always thought he was a dolt. He came off as more morning drive time guy with the stupid talk, than a conservative talk show host. The last 2 times I heard him he was rambling about something big that was coming, but he couldn't talk about it yet, and that it was personal. He was actually sounding Art Bell like towards the end of Bell's show where the world was coming to an end crap dominated his shows. I guess it was personal, and big for him, he's getting fired.

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Well, we learnt an important business lesson here:

Viewers don't make a show, advertisers do.... His show is still the #3 most watched on cable, but if you can't find advertisers....

4. Says a lot about YOU.

People usually prefer to hide their shortcomings in the hope they are not discovered.

5. Scataphagos, please accept my condolences on the loss of your mind.

6. He will team up with Alex Jones on the internetz.

7. tango29

tango29

Because I only had the chance to listen rarely, or because I listened at all? Really unclear what you are referring to. Let me know, as I guess another shortcoming is interperting your response. LOL

8. olias

olias

Nice!

9. i bet he goes tv preacher. that is where the easiest extraction of money from the gullible will be.

#10     Apr 7, 2011