Confidence in George W. Bush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by eagle488, Dec 7, 2006.

1. I used to like George W. Bush, however, the entire Iraq situation has been very bad since day one. I remember before the invasion, I saw George on television acting very tough towards Iraq. I wondered in my mind where all this was going.

Then when I saw them invade, I thought, "why". Today I still think "why". Thousands dead, billions spent. I cant help but wonder if Afghanistan was concentrated on as a priority would Osama Bin Laden be captured today? If we were not in Iraq, would the terrorists be weaker or stronger? If the national guard was back home, would events like the aftermath of Katrina been mitigated and responded to in a more prompt manner.

My opinion is that the economy would have been better served by not going into Iraq. The national debt would have been greatly helped as well. George will go down in history as the President of an unpopular war.

Eventually the US will pull out of Iraq and be seen as defeated in the eyes of the world. Some new dictator will emerge out of Iraq with new unique problems and control the world oil scene.

This was clearly not worth it.

2. jem

jem

George is going down as the worst president in U.S. history.

He has not served anyone well but his dad, Carlyle Group and the people who benefited from rising oil prices.

Liberals hated him from the beginning. Conservatives have despised since he has shown his true colors.

He is a greedy, backstabbing buffon.

he tried to sell some of our ports to arabs and he tried to sneak a former liberal and clearly unqualified person for a job on the supreme court.

he spent money like a 70s liberal and executed the occupation of iraq in the worst manner possible. He took down the republican party and may even have discredited conservatism.

He has made the red states suffer because lack of intelligenece relects poorly on them.

And I am no longer able to say he was a better choice than John Kerry.

3. Arnie

Arnie

There is no way Bush is going to take the mantle of "Worst President" from Jimmy Carter. :D

I know whereof I speak.

4. Don't ever lose that sense of humor.

5. Arnie

Arnie

OK

December 07, 2006
    Carter aide resigns over book
    Ethel Fenig
    Former President Carter's book has been thoroughly discredited by reputable scholars and reviewers as a biased polemic filled with inaccuracies. And now:

"A longtime aide to Jimmy Carter has resigned from the Carter Center think tank, calling the former president's new book on Israel and the Arabs one-sided and filled with errors.

"Kenneth Stein, the Carter Center's first executive director and founder of its Middle East program, sent a letter that bluntly criticized the book to Carter and others.

"Stein wrote that the book, "Palestine: Peace, Not Apartheid," was replete with factual errors, material copied from other sources and "simply invented segments," according to an excerpt of the letter published by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution."

But operating under his ex presidential halo Carter is still invited on talk shows where timid hosts, who have not read the book, don't question him. Maybe now they will.

6. I think you're right, but i give Bush credit for doing his best to take that title. Our problems with islamist extremism stem from Carter's presidency. He pulled the rug out from under the Shah of iran and laid the groundwork for the radical clerics to take control and slaughter everyone who had worked with the US. His weakness emboldened the Soviet Union to invade Afghanistan, laying the groundwork for the rise of Osama bin Laden.

Bush's failures, though painful, are reversible. He wrecked the budget, screwed up Iraq and let illegal immigrants overrun our country, destroying the Republican party in the process. Hey, maybe that last one was not so bad after all. We desperately need a realignment of the parties.

7. All politicians running for presidential election should be mandated to take a basic reading and mathematics exam. Nothing out of the ordinary. I'm talking about the same exam given to 4th graders to make sure they are qualified to move on to the next grade.

It's called an FCAT in Florida.

This basic test would have saved thousands of lives and not placed us in the current situation.

At least have them do that exercise where they try to fit a square shape into an oval hole. Or match items that are the same color.

Anything will work as long as it would have prevented Bush from being elected...

8. Wait a minute! If you want to play the blame game in Iran and Afghanistan, why not blame Eisenhower who overthrew a democratically elected government and put Shah in power, or Bush Sr who abandoned Afghanistan after Soviet withdraw and allowed the rise of the Taliban?

You can't be selective with history!

9. I think you're seriously mistaken. Bush would pass the exam because James Baker would take it for him.

10. His failures are reversible alright, in about 5-10 years, maybe. I don't know that he is the worst prez of all time, but he's got two more years to work on it. God help us all!

#10     Dec 7, 2006