Confidence Game

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Nearly the entire playbook of the fed reserve is to try and spread the word that confidence is returning to consumers and small businesses.

Recent evidence and events clearly indicate this is a bald faced lie.

Hell, even the fed's Yellen is parroting the confidence line tonight, even as the consumer confidence surveys the world over are falling yet again.

The fed has nothing left but a sad shell game that's already been exposed. They have no desire for a scintilla of credibility, apparently, as there statements contradict even the government's own data/surveys.

I've never seen such a transparent scam attempted by the federal reserve before.

They even have Shiller, whom I respect (maybe for not much longer), saying that he sees a positive sign in the deceleration in housing valuation drops, on a day when it was reported U.S. houses dropped 18.1% in value, and the biggest drop for the same time frame in history is 19%.

The jig is up.

2. Well you gotta admit...you cant tell the sheeple the truth. You cant go on TV and tell them that you think housing is going to drop another 20-50% Or the same with the dow. You cant tell them that oil prices are going back over $100 and possible even $200. Now sure...you can put the occasional guy on TV to say it, that way they can always go back and say "we warned you" But generally for every 1 guy they have on telling you the truth(for less than 5 minutes) they will put on 10 guys telling you lies for 20 minutes each.

If the news actually came out and told it like it is, we would really have no advantage over the average investor.

3. Oh, I get it, and agree with you, with the caveat that there's really not much good it's doing, and is likely to become destructive of any credibility they may have left.

4. I have a question for you peil? With regard to the current state of the Economy/share market etc, what is the opinion of the average investor right now?

5. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

I've heard the consumer confidence numbers generally track coincident with the stock market.

Any ideas why the PPT (if they existed :D) would try to punch up the market?

The Cali situation has to start sending waves thru the credit markets again.