Confessions of a successful trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by StLouisTrader, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Confession#10. I believe in the meyers-Briggs personality test (great searchable therad on et some years back) And am pretty sure anyone who is an "s" or a "p" type (well over 50% of the population) has virtually no chance of becoming a successful trader.

#51     Sep 12, 2009
  2. Thank God I am the "t" type!:p

#52     Sep 12, 2009
    #53     Sep 12, 2009
  4. At the moment, I am INTJ, but I got a feeling that things could change.

#54     Sep 12, 2009
  5. I'm an INTJ also. Rough numbers, something like 3% of the population are INTJ's, tho maybe 50% of those responding to the ET thread I mentioned were INTJ. It appears to be the "most popular" trader type, at least for those who are willing to take the test and post the results on the internet. No way to tell how successful INTJ's are vs. other types tho.

#55     Sep 12, 2009
  6. Confession #11:

Sure, I put in long hours for the first few years, but I always thought I was the type who would "be all you can be" (without joining the army). Doing well has caused me to become really, really lazy. I almost never trade the afterhours anymore, or even work past noon.

#56     Sep 12, 2009
  7. Alexis

Alexis

confesion # 148 : I spend way too much of my profits on high end mechanical watches (and horology devices)

Am I alone?

#57     Sep 12, 2009
  8. I took an online test and my result came back as INTP. Do you have a link to that thread I tried searching for it but nothing comes up, I am curious to read. Thanks

#58     Sep 12, 2009
  9. if ur a weak p ur probably better off. An issue typical of the p is u may have a tendency to want to keep your options open (while gathering additional information) rather than pull the trigger on a trade. Net result: good ideas but late entries or no entry at all. If you are a weak p u may not have this issue at all.

#60     Sep 12, 2009