Confessions of a successful trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by StLouisTrader, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Wow, I thought I was the only idiot (after 5 years ) that still did these stupid moves. :p

So if your making the same mistakes I do, how come your profitable and I'm breaking even :confused:

#41     Sep 11, 2009
  2. There are more complicated foods than boiled white rice, but boiled white rice gives you all you'll ever need.

#42     Sep 11, 2009
  3. Alexis

Alexis

I really look good!check out that smile!

Alexis is a male name in french speaking countries. (We speak french in Brussels although it is located in the dutch speaking part of belgium, flanders. That's a little off topic, I know)

My colleagues call me Alex, they seems to think that Alexis sounds like a por*star

is there a way to change the alias on ET?

• dff.jpg
      File size:
      52.7 KB
      Views:
    #43     Sep 11, 2009
  4. Most traders believe in a "balanced" diet: Half of it produces constipation, and the other half produces diarrhea.

In that sense, boiled white rice, is a very good food for a traders diet. It produces neither constipation nor diarrhea.

#44     Sep 11, 2009
  5. I need to have a long talk with myself about how big a raise I'd get if I quit that nonsense. I guess I can qoute the old disfigured man from Hannibal "it seemed like a pretty good idea(r) at the time"

#45     Sep 11, 2009
  6. promagma

promagma

My first trade ever, bought Sandisk at $70 in 2000.
    Doubled up at $11 in 2002.
    Sold at $65 in 2003, for a net profit.

I had no idea what I was doing.

#46     Sep 11, 2009
  7. It sounds like you do not trade either the ES or options.

Im finding that bullish setups are the only key to success. Hard work and looking through hundreds or thousands of charts in a night looking for "the one" is how you do it.

Now join me in trading the dry bulkers, trucking firms and lets throw in a select few small cap single digit miner and independent oilers.

#47     Sep 11, 2009
  8. randy33

randy33

StLouis,

So everything come easily for you and you don't see what the fuzz was about. Constant good luck or its your life destination is what carried you to this spot. And you snub your nose at others having to learned the golden rules. You are quite a guy !

#48     Sep 11, 2009
  9. first I don't snub my nose at anyone whether they might be a garbage collector, ditch digger, some other unglamorous profession or unprofitable trader. Second, I had plenty of "struggles" and defied some long odds to get to the point in my life I thought it was worth a shot to try to trade for a living. I accepted the risk of bankruptcy and the substantial chance I would fail miserably I happened to get lucky and make money right out of the box. The first year I made money b/c I copied my mentor and friend while learning how he operated. The second year I started to learn how to fish.

#49     Sep 12, 2009
  10. Confession #9: I get really kickass service at interactive brokers thru proserv and especially the block trade desk. I post this b/c 1) it's true and 2) it seems like their cs is always taking shots presumably from customers with small accounts who are more trouble than they are worth to ib

#50     Sep 12, 2009