Confessions of a successful trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by StLouisTrader, Sep 10, 2009.

1. LOL

Who cares about proof ?

If the guy was selling you something then ok but he's just shooting the breeze.

#31     Sep 11, 2009
  2. gedward3

gedward3

So whats the point in him gloating.

Like a bird having big tits and not showing anyone.

#32     Sep 11, 2009
  3. Confession #7, the longer I've been without a real job, while making more cash than I could if I had one, the less I care what anyone thinks about me, especially some poster on an internet message board.

#33     Sep 11, 2009
  4. No confession there. I got really, really lucky and know it.

#34     Sep 11, 2009
  5. bespoke

bespoke

i often trade from the toilet....

#35     Sep 11, 2009
  6. I confess that it has been decades since I felt any real guilt about anything that I have done or said.

I have taken joy in guiltlessly expressing a certain meanness by being as politically incorrect as I can possibly be.

I think the inability to feel guilt is what probably allowed me to remain a profitable trader.

I do not give a twit if I leave profits on the table. Leaving profits on the table is part of profitable trading. I think it was Baron von Rothschild who credited his success and his fortune with always selling too soon.

#36     Sep 11, 2009
  7. Confession#8. I reshorted aig today in double size after being smoked out for a large loss earlier in the day. The second trade almost never works for me yet I did it anyway.

#37     Sep 11, 2009
  8. Be careful how you position your shorts.

#38     Sep 11, 2009
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

I read "in touch" mag ...gotta keep up with celebrity gossip.

#39     Sep 11, 2009
  10. ttonca

ttonca

Confession #1: Practice makes almost perfect

Confession #2: You will make much more and lose much less money trading with a team

Confession #3: Invest in yourself and your personal trading education, because no one is going to make you a successful trader.

I am not a grizzled veteran like some of the other folks i have seen on here but i have been at it a while and these are honestly the best lessons that i have learned thus far from a broad point of view.

#40     Sep 11, 2009