Confessions of a successful trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by StLouisTrader, Sep 10, 2009.

1. mokwit

mokwit

A friend of mine who is a successful trader sent a manual he wrote to a publisher. She returned it and said that she would publish it if he changed some things so that it fitted the conventional wisdom. I don't doubt that she knows her business (publishing what sells).

There is a lesson here.

#11     Sep 10, 2009
  2. #1 After you trade futures, you never look back at equity trading, too boring;
    #2 after you automate your trading system, you will never look back at discretionary trading, too much effort. :D

#12     Sep 10, 2009
  3. ehsmama

ehsmama

#1 and Last
    I only make smartass comments here..Try hard never to contribute anything meaningful here..

#13     Sep 10, 2009
  4. monty09

monty09

not directed at me but I got my start in an analyst with an investment bank. Very good training and no risk of losing my job for first two years, however did do some time in back and middle office.

#14     Sep 11, 2009
  5. randy33

randy33

What is your point Stlouis ?
    Is this a self stroke for your ego ?

I hear that to truly make more $ you have to go to Forex or Futures, yet you already made more money than you could have imagined, and have done so for how long ?

#15     Sep 11, 2009
  6. Somehow, I've managed to stay in the game full time for 30 years. I haven't figured that one out yet with all of the ups and downs. I concentrate on the grains, and leave everything else alone. So far it has worked for me, but then again......you're only as good as your last trade.

#16     Sep 11, 2009
  7. mokwit,

I have a large collection of trading books. I wonder if your friend considered self-publishing? I've bought 3 ring binder type books from various authors. Nothing wrong with that style of publishing. In any event, what is the topic? I just might be the first buyer.

Regards,

JP

#17     Sep 11, 2009
  8. Alexis

Alexis

1# I've been in this business for the 1/5th of my lifetime, now.

2# I don't really work for myself anymore. I make more (or lose much less :p ) with a team. Fortunate that I foud the right one.

3# I'm a belgian, working remotely for an american private fund.

4# I'm quite good looking.

5# I've mostly dealt with Bobl and Schatz german interest rate futures, Eurex. Very few american individuals trade them.

#18     Sep 11, 2009
  9. I am 5' 11''

#19     Sep 11, 2009
  10. C'mon Mickeymouse, fess up, what's your secret - genitalia malfunction?

#20     Sep 11, 2009