Confessions Of A Rapa User Diary

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mickson, Feb 23, 2012.

1. mickson

mickson

Thank you very much. You will see in further RAPA announcements how our Main goal is to promote more transparency. We are sick and tired of people posting half truths online and in business in general.

Regards

Mike:D

#11     Feb 29, 2012
  2. Awesome. Good luck to you!

#12     Feb 29, 2012
  3. TD80

TD80

Good luck to you, cool thread.

I will say I feel the shorts just coming into this thing in droves. You can feel it in the breadth, and the fact that only the weighted stocks in the indices are holding the averages together.

It is going to get interesting shortly because either the internals will come apart completely (and likely spectacularly), or all of you shorts are going to be squeezed in a nasty way. My gut says you are going to be squeezed and then it will tank right after. Buckle-up buttercups!

(Full Disclosure: Mildly Long here)

#13     Feb 29, 2012
  4. mickson

mickson

I must tell you I thought I was the last remaining short out there. :confused:

There have been so many shorts squeezed on this rally. Which dates back to 19 dec and Oct for the real start.

Market is extremely bullish from the framework I am seeing. I think Dow 13000 was another key focal point to keep the market bullish. I love it when everyone is betting a sure thing. I am buckled up.

#14     Feb 29, 2012
  5. TD80

TD80

If this is the case then you are quite well positioned :D

I think a lot of people have joined you as the resistance area we are in seems like a logical place to take a big short on especially given the run up...

At any rate someone as concerned with risk as you should do just fine either way. I think this thread will be helpful to people to show that being concerned with risk is the natural end-game of speculation. If more people started with that perspective I think they would have a bit less dramatic and bumpy journey...

#15     Feb 29, 2012
  6. mickson

mickson

I am a great fan of Apple. But like our good friend Isaac Newton discovered, the sheer force of gravity can be bitch even for apples.

Take a look at the sheet velocity of the latest run up, this stock has gone parabolic. Btw I didnt intend to post charts in this thread but I couldnt resist, and worth mentioning I dont have a position on APPL.

[​IMG]

#16     Feb 29, 2012
  7. Yeah AAPL has gotten out of control lately, but the thing is P/E and forward P/E are still somewhat attractive. Revenue is up big and that cash mountain they are sittin on is a big plus. Add to the fact that Apple absolutely destroys any competition as of right now.. it might not be a no brainer short.

#17     Feb 29, 2012
  8. mickson

mickson

I have noticed that I need to be very careful when I post from a timing point of view as sometimes things can look slightly out of alignment. The reason is am in Sydney almost a day ahead of the US. When I took the snapshot yesterday it was intraday which is actually the case now, anyway here it is.

Baby come back!!!! :)

[​IMG]

#18     Feb 29, 2012
  9. mickson

mickson

For those of you who are wondering what is under the hood, these are my current positions. I am not going to debate why they just are. My purpose isn't to make this thread a commentary on trading positions, although at times it will happen. I am a libertarian so I will go with the flow, but I am slightly more complex a personality than just going with the flow, at times there needs to be a boss. Oh boy I can see my 22yrs of writing a personal journal spilling onto these pages :eek:

[​IMG]

#19     Feb 29, 2012
  10. mickson

mickson

This market continues to frustrate the bears. Hopefully the shorts are giving up.

[​IMG]

#20     Mar 1, 2012