Confessions of a loser who need to quit

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Pension_Admin, Sep 11, 2009.

1. 1. You aren't going to make it with random entry. How about something simple. Trade in the trend of the next higher time frame. Trade off 15 min, use daily, weekly, not random.

2. Did you catch your own point. You are underfunded if forex is all you can afford. You really should just stop, save up, and fund a real account. When you do that you can trade currency futures, a regulated market, a few shares, the YM or NQ, etc. Because you are trading an underfunded account fear of loss will always be a major issue.

3. Why don't you get a sim, save up, and practice. I know from using it in the past the Ninja Trader puts you last in place for fills on sim. If you can make money on that then you stand a chance since fills are harder than normal.

#41     Sep 11, 2009
  2. Jym

Jym

Actually I think we're talking about the same thing when you say selling a vertical.

I am trying to catch time decay.
    Unless they get stopped out by a really really big move in a single week they'll expire worthless and I'll just cash in whatever the difference was between the option I sold and the one i bought.

Like for Apple this month
    I sold 185 calls for .37 and bought 195 calls at 0.07 so I'll collect 0.30 or $30 for each spread if apple closes below 185 next Friday and it's at 172 so that seems likely

In the other direction I sold a 160 put for 0.38 and bought a 150 put for 0.12 so I'll collect .26 or $26 for each of those.

#42     Sep 11, 2009
  3. Nattdog

Nattdog

dude...

Your last effort was trading with a random entry? WTF? If you were fighting for your life would you randomly throw punches in the air or would you try to HIT something important?

The first step of not losing is to simply refuse to lose any longer. Refuse to bleed yourself in the markets. For you that would mean giving up trading.

Do not risk real money again until you are deadly confident in what you are doing. If you can't give it up.. well, you don't have a trading problem you have a gambling issue. I say that not to chastise, it is your business not mine.

#43     Sep 11, 2009
  4. Nattdog

Nattdog

Oh yea.. STOP TRADING FOREX.

#44     Sep 11, 2009
  5. Forex is very tuff
    U might as well trade stock ,s or futures maybe
    a lot of variety to trade
    You can pay attention to 1 sector of stock
    Keep 2 or 3 sector on your radar like oil sector
    oil
    financials
    etc
    Screen time is very important

#45     Sep 11, 2009
  6. It was definitely a mistake, but it was something I stubbornly had to do to see if entry matter--especially when some leading experts mentioned that once you are in a trade, everything is by chance.

My next attempt will based on trend and gyration.

#46     Sep 11, 2009
  7. FB123

FB123

I agree. Random entry is not a trading plan, it is the lack of a trading plan. You need to pick and choose your setups carefully.

#47     Sep 11, 2009
  8. I understand forex is tough, and that is why I am not putting a lot of money into it.

One day when I have accumulated enough money, I might open an account to trade stocks.

In the mean time, I will just trade in the forex market.

#48     Sep 11, 2009

9. Stop giving your idiotic advice. You have no clue of what you are talking about.

Simulator does NOT give you confidence.

#49     Sep 12, 2009
  10. please stop trading forex
    go to s&p futures

I would never ever trade forex

good luck to you in whatever you choose

#50     Sep 12, 2009