Confession

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nicodemus, Dec 13, 2001.

1. I thought the full moon was a couple of weeks ago. Lot of weird stuff coming down.

#11     Dec 15, 2001
  2. jem

jem

I am not sure if nico's confession was real but if it is, he does not deserve respect. He needs to be chastised for being a loser from the beginning. (Loser in terms of adopting a fake identity.)

#12     Dec 15, 2001
  3. People, come on, get a grip. It sounded like a joke to me but so what if it was not? No one sent money to him or changed their lives over this little fantasy. I don't recall Nic making too many claims anyway or lecturing people on "his" way of doing things.

#13     Dec 15, 2001
  4. Que

Que

ohhh HO Ho, I think I do remember NIC, voicing his opinion & making rather aggressive comments about certain stock picking sites. When in fact he has no clue.

#14     Dec 15, 2001
  5. Que,

I could well be wrong, I didn't do a search of his comments. My point is I didn't recall him saying I'm successful so listen to me. Maybe he did, I just didn't recall it.

#15     Dec 15, 2001
  6. There's a saying--"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." Perhaps it should be updated to say "Those who can't but wish they could, spend all their time talking to others about it." I've found that as I've become more successful and steady with my trading, I've spent less time on these and other boards. Nothing personal against any members or anything, it's just that becoming more successful has lessened the need for me to talk about it.

Also, there is a danger in feeling pressure to "keep up with the Joneses" when reading a lot of posts on trading boards. When you're only breaking even or making $100 a day, it can be counter-productive to read other posts where people are saying they made or make $1000 a day or some other big score, especially in light of Nic's confession as an example where someone making such posts could simply be lying. I know that when I was starting out, I read posts talking about making X number of dollars a day or a week and I suddenly felt inferior that I wasn't making that, or that I must be doing something wrong even though I was making decent money by MY standards. That led me down a road of bad decisions and emotional trading, which led to losses of course.

The moral of the story is, these message boards are great for sharing info on new trading developments, technologies, etc. But any discussion on actual trading results, strategies, and techniques need to be taken with a grain of salt.

#16     Dec 15, 2001
  7. Nic is a bit of a clown but who isn't???#
    :eek:

#17     Dec 15, 2001
  8. Cesko

Cesko

But any discussion on actual trading results, strategies, and techniques need to be taken with a grain of salt.

That's exactly right. I just want to add, f#@& vendors, stock-picking sites, chat rooms and DO YOUR OWN THINKING.

#18     Dec 16, 2001
  9. Joshua

Joshua

I feel so violated. To think I put my trust in this man. I took his advice and it cost me my livelihood, my wife and my sanity. Youve ruined me Micodemus.:( Just kidding!!!Thats real funny stuff:D :D

#19     Dec 16, 2001
  10. bro59

bro59

True Zboy, but not everyone here has a knowledgeable parent to ping ideas off of.:)

#20     Dec 16, 2001