Confession

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 12, 2012.

1. catholics are big on confessions. what should the confession sound like if the catholic church itself confesses:

"Bless me Father for I have sinned, it has been 2000 years since my last confession...I am the Vatican, and my existence is premised upon a spate of theological lies and superstitions...I have fomented innumerable prejudices and persecutions...I have received ill-gotten riches in the form of property...art treasures...gold and piratical spoils from around the globe...I called down the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades...I slaughtered the Cathar sect claiming that I was acting on God's will...I set science and medicine back centuries....I accompanied the Spanish Conquistadors' in their rape of the new world, and profited from it....I taught that heretics should be put to death...I made second class servants, and sexual slaves out of women, and tortured them for being witches...I corrupted the minds of native peoples...I inculcated anti Semitism, and I joined into a Concordat with Adolph Hitler...I sit idly over enormous riches while the poor of the world suffer and die from preventable causes...and I preside over a policy that both encourages and protects child-rapists...please instruct me how I may repent for my crimes."